Which Value To Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Value To Use

I created an event that checks if the A/C is on for a few minutes AND a door has been open then send me a text message.

I tried various values and decided on the "System Mode" since that seemed to show "Cool" when the system A/C was actually on. I don't use "Auto" mode at all.

Today being a cool day, I shut the system off and I am still getting warnings as if the system is on. I don't think the issue is the event logic but I'm not sure.

Suggestions?
    Attached Files

Because your second and third triggers are not dependent on the A/C system status, the event will run if either the side or back door has been opened for more than 5 minutes, regardless of system state.

Also system mode is the mode it is in, whether there is a call for heating/cooling or not. Operating status is the one that should show you what the system is actually calling for. You should be able to use that for your trigger. It depends on whether you want it to trigger when it IS cooling or if it CAN BE cooling. If the system has been "Cool" or "Cooling" for over 2 minutes and if the front door has been opened for more than 5 minutes, you will get a text every 2 minutes. Your 2nd and 3rd triggers (OR IFs) will cause the text to be sent every 2 minutes after either of the other 2 doors ave been opened for more than 5 minutes, regardless of the A/C status. If you want them to be dependent on the A/C status, those triggers should also be IF the A/C has been cooling for at least 2 minutes, then the conditions would be each of the other two doors.

It would be:

IF the A/C has been cooling for at least 2 minutes
    AND IF the front door has been open for at least 5 minutes

OR IF the A/C has been cooling for at least 2 minutes
    AND IF the rear door has been open for at least 5 minutes

OR IF the A/C has been cooling for at least 2 minutes
    AND IF the side door has been open for at least 5 minutes

THEN send text
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

"System Mode" is a static value you set to control whether it puts out cold air (Cool), hot air (Heat), or no air (Off) - or in the case of Auto, either cold or hot. It won't leave the mode you set unless you change it to another mode.

If what you mean by "if the A/C has been running", then you should use "Operating Status".

See page 6 of the documentation for details on all the devices for more info!

Comment

@shill - Documentation? I used to say if I need to read the docs then it's too complicated. Those days are behind me now as things grow more and more complicated, but where is the documentation?

@rprade - Thanks, I will probably struggle with the logic of HS until I can no longer even try to do things like this...or perhaps it's my logic that's flawed. Yeah, that's it. Nah, at my age it's always someone else's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          @shill - Documentation? I used to say if I need to read the docs then it's too complicated. Those days are behind me now as things grow more and more complicated, but where is the documentation?

@rprade - Thanks, I will probably struggle with the logic of HS until I can no longer even try to do things like this...or perhaps it's my logic that's flawed. Yeah, that's it. Nah, at my age it's always someone else's fault.
          Did you look under "Help" for documentation? That is where a Shill put it for Device History.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            Did you look under "Help" for documentation? That is where a Shill put it for Device History.
            I haven't made that change to this plugin yet. I plan to mirror what I did with Device History for this one on the next release, though! I also noticed I failed to put a link to it in this forum, so I've added one just a moment ago: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=190680

Comment

Something good always comes out of the strangest things. Thanks for all your help and patience, @shill and @rprade.

I will say, I did see the docs when I installed the plugin, but since I haven't really drilled into all the various possibilities, I really didn't need them, until now. I look forward to using more of the potential the plugin has.
              Last edited by racerfern; August 28, 2017, 05:36 PM. Reason: additional comment

Comment

I switched to "operating Status" as recommended but had an issue today. The A/C was on and the door was open. I got the text message and called home. My wife shut the system off at the t'stat so "System Mode" went to off since she just wanted fresh air on a beautiful cool morning.

However, since it was cooling the moment she set the system to off, it appears the "Operating Status" stayed on "Cooling" so I kept getting text warnings. Five hours later it still says "Cooling" for Operating Status. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding something?

I plan on expanding this to include heating in the winter and the windows. I'm looking for a deal on window sensors since I'll twenty.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by racerfern; September 1, 2017, 02:58 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Can you go to the device page for the root thermostat device and copy/paste the details on the Honeywell plugin tab? That will let me see if their site is failing to chance that value or if my logic is failing to process it.

The catch is that the system CAN be "cooling" even if the mode is "off" if it has just started running when it was shut off - there are typically minimum cycle times so you can make it start/stop on demand to frequently. In your case that cannot be the reason since the picture shows it having been that way for 5 hours but that's why I shouldn't just assume it's idle as soon as the mode changes (unless I have to in order to overcome a bug in their data).

Comment

Here you go!

{
                    "success": true,
                    "deviceLive": true,
                    "communicationLost": false,
                    "latestData": {
                    "uiData": {
                    "DispTemperature": 70,
                    "HeatSetpoint": 70,
                    "CoolSetpoint": 73,
                    "DisplayUnits": "F",
                    "StatusHeat": 0,
                    "StatusCool": 0,
                    "HoldUntilCapable": true,
                    "ScheduleCapable": true,
                    "VacationHold": 0,
                    "DualSetpointStatus": false,
                    "HeatNextPeriod": 68,
                    "CoolNextPeriod": 68,
                    "HeatLowerSetptLimit": 40,
                    "HeatUpperSetptLimit": 74,
                    "CoolLowerSetptLimit": 71,
                    "CoolUpperSetptLimit": 99,
                    "ScheduleHeatSp": 70,
                    "ScheduleCoolSp": 73,
                    "SwitchAutoAllowed": true,
                    "SwitchCoolAllowed": true,
                    "SwitchOffAllowed": true,
                    "SwitchHeatAllowed": true,
                    "SwitchEmergencyHeatAllowed": false,
                    "SystemSwitchPosition": 2,
                    "Deadband": 3,
                    "IndoorHumidity": 52,
                    "DeviceID": 2276054,
                    "Commercial": false,
                    "DispTemperatureAvailable": true,
                    "IndoorHumiditySensorAvailable": true,
                    "IndoorHumiditySensorNotFault": true,
                    "VacationHoldUntilTime": 0,
                    "TemporaryHoldUntilTime": 0,
                    "IsInVacationHoldMode": false,
                    "VacationHoldCancelable": true,
                    "SetpointChangeAllowed": false,
                    "OutdoorTemperature": 128,
                    "OutdoorHumidity": 128,
                    "OutdoorHumidityAvailable": false,
                    "OutdoorTemperatureAvailable": false,
                    "DispTemperatureStatus": 0,
                    "IndoorHumidStatus": 0,
                    "OutdoorTempStatus": 128,
                    "OutdoorHumidStatus": 128,
                    "OutdoorTemperatureSensorNotFault": true,
                    "OutdoorHumiditySensorNotFault": true,
                    "CurrentSetpointStatus": 0,
                    "EquipmentOutputStatus": 2
                    },
                    "fanData": {
                    "fanMode": 0,
                    "fanModeAutoAllowed": true,
                    "fanModeOnAllowed": true,
                    "fanModeCirculateAllowed": true,
                    "fanModeFollowScheduleAllowed": false,
                    "fanIsRunning": false
                    },
                    "hasFan": true,
                    "canControlHumidification": false,
                    "drData": {
                    "CoolSetpLimit": null,
                    "HeatSetpLimit": null,
                    "Phase": -1,
                    "OptOutable": false,
                    "DeltaCoolSP": null,
                    "DeltaHeatSP": null,
                    "Load": null
                    }
                    },
                    "alerts": "\r\n\r\n"
                    }

Comment

@shill - Any progress on this. I keep getting warnings but both t'stats are actually off although they're in heat mode so the heat will eventually come on.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. Looking back at the dates, this conversation stalled on 9/3, which was the first day of our move across country and I never got back to it. Sorry about that!

Regarding the problem, as far as I can tell, Honeywell is reporting it wrong. The "EquipmentOutputStatus" tells me it's active (not idle), which is why it's listed that way in your device. Because of the possibility of a unit running for a while even after it's turned off to protect the compressor, I added logic that says <if mode is "Off" and fan status is "Idle" then operating status should be "Idle">. Hopefully this override will solve your problem!

Comment

It might solve it for A/C but it won't solve it for heat since the heat is hot water baseboard and the fan does not come on.

I have three events that help manage this, I'll keep working on it and report back. I did just upgrade to the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                            It might solve it for A/C but it won't solve it for heat since the heat is hot water baseboard and the fan does not come on.

I have three events that help manage this, I'll keep working on it and report back. I did just upgrade to the latest version.
                            Why wouldn't it solve it? In that case the fan would be off already, so both conditions will be true (off and idle).

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                              "System Mode" is a static value you set to control whether it puts out cold air (Cool), hot air (Heat), or no air (Off) - or in the case of Auto, either cold or hot. It won't leave the mode you set unless you change it to another mode.

If what you mean by "if the A/C has been running", then you should use "Operating Status".

See page 6 of the documentation for details on all the devices for more info!
                              I don't understand this. I don't set system mode for my thermostat, it changes whenever the system changes mode. I just tested this by changing the mode on the thermostat and the plugin updated to show this change.

Comment

Working...
                              X