Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honeywell Thermostat Plugin and HSTouch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell Thermostat Plugin and HSTouch?

I have the plugin setup and running and can operate it ok with homeseer web control screen on homeseer S6 Pro under device management screen. I can view setpoint, mode, etc and it changes on thermostat and the honeywell app reports the changes. However when I view the thermostat settings on android phone via hstouch, things dont work so well. I am using the stock menus that come with homeseer touch. The display doesn't make much sense? The actual room temperature is shown in the top display but there is no view of the setpoint value. You really need to know what the setpoint is set to to know wether to increase or decrease the setpoint and by what value in the heat and cool modes. The up and down settings for heat and cool mode seem useless without knowing the setpoint value. The display seems to display modes ok but you can't set the heat/cool mode or the fan mode from the homeseer touch climate control thermostat screen. Just wondering if I am missing something. Seems it would be better to just list the status and control devices in the climate section rather than having the thermostat graphic. Maybe the stock hstouch thermostat is a basic generic type and needs to be customized for each thermostat that you are using. Maybe you have a thermostat graphic layout that works with the honeywell rth9580wf thermostat devices for hstouch? In the climate screen for hstouch the thermostat plus and minus controls for heat and cool modes do not work. Maybe I am missing something on how their thermostat setup works? Any help on this is much appreciated !!! Rick

Also, I noticed that there is an outside temperature and humidity display on my RTH9580 Thermostat but I noticed they are not reported by the plug-in. Just wondering why they can't be displayed along with the indoor temperature and humidity? Thanks Again....Rick

Here's what I see using the plugin. I have the RTH9580

I don't see weather, but I see can click on the weather icon in HS Touch or I can elect to look at the weatherXML info as a device.
    Attached Files

Comment

One thing I noticed is that you don't have a display of the actual room temperature? Can you choose not to display certain items? I noticed also your display in hstouch doesn't show indoor humidity from thermostat, etc. When I display climate in hstouch I don't see what you have. I see a basic thermostat graphic with values populating certain fields but doesn't work worth beans. Is there a way to select in homeseer touch what you see instead of what I am seeing for the climate (thermostat) readings !!!!!! Rick

Comment

racerfern's screenshot is of the device list (which is a far better way to manage things, fwiw), not of the climate feature. His thermostat has different features than yours, which is why the list of devices is different.

The climate screen in the default project is very, very basic and doesn't cover most features of modern thermostats, and it's notoriously finicky to work with the API to make things display correctly. I had it working, but in your case it seems like it isn't even working for the parts it would normally control, so I'll need to look into that

Comment

Rick,
          If you want anything added you can use the HSTouch Designer to design the screens you desire. It takes a few days to figure out how to create your own screens but once you understand how the designer works it's not hard to use to create some elaborate screens.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

In the default hstouch climate screen is there a way to display the device list easily rather than the thermostat graphic or does this need to be done using the designer? Again the default thermostat does not show the actual room temperature and no reliable way to set setpoints. Should be able to just enter value for heat and cool setpoints. Any ideas on displaying the device list for thermostat rather than generic thermostat graphic would be much appreciated....Rick

Comment

On the main HS3 screen you can choose to hide or not any device you want from the mobile application. See top check mark.

I only want to look at what's really important to me, not a ton of data. Everyone's preferences are unique so pick what you want.
              Attached Files

Comment

Will the device list for my thermostat show up in hstouch on mobile devices like yours does? I don't want to hide the thermostat device list from my mobile hstouch views just the thermostat graphic that is virtually useless. Thanks again....Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                  Will the device list for my thermostat show up in hstouch on mobile devices like yours does? I don't want to hide the thermostat device list from my mobile hstouch views just the thermostat graphic that is virtually useless. Thanks again....Rick
                  Every device in HS can be flagged to be shown or hidden, and in recent versions, they can also be flagged to be shown or hidden in HSTouch separately (so you could show it on the web page, but still hide it in HSTouch and vice versa).

Those devices are listed in the "Lighting & Devices" screens (the green button at the top of the stock home page). This includes your thermostat devices, and those devices will have all the same controls and capabilities as you would get on the web page.

The orange "Climate" screen that you're finding lacking is suffering from two things: 1) a defect in my plugin, probably, since it SHOULD show the basic information there (and in fact does on mine), and 2) a fundamentally flawed design in HSTouch.

I could elaborate on all the flaws, but suffice it to say that your experience using the HSTouch App with any thermostat (not just the ones created by my plugin) will be subpar if your thermostat has capabilities that differ from the assumed modes of "Cool/Heat/Auto/Off" (for example, if yours doesn't have auto, the climate screen will still try to use it) or fan states of "Auto/On" (for example, if yours has "Circulate", the climate screen can't use it).

While I will try and figure out why you aren't seeing the basics, since that should work, you should really either design your own using HSTouch Designer or just use the Devices to navigate to your thermostat and view/control the individual devices that way.

Comment

Thanks Much....I see the thermostat devices in hstouch now under lights, devices. I imagine these could be moved to climate page using designer. You mentioned that your climate thermostat shows everything. Do you have a thermostat created for the RTH9580WF and if not would this be something that could be done in hstouch designer fairly easily? Thanks again !!!! Rick
                    Last edited by Rick Bonari; October 12, 2017, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                      Thanks Much....I see the thermostat devices in hstouch now under lights, devices. I imagine these could be moved to climate page using designer. You mentioned that your climate thermostat shows everything. Do you have a thermostat created for the RTH9580WF and if not would this be something that could be done in hstouch designer fairly easily? Thanks again !!!! Rick
                      I tested using the stock HSTouch project. I don't have a custom one created, but making your own screen that the "Climate" button goes to is pretty easy, and you can then put your own objects & buttons to see and control what you want there.

Comment

Working...
                      X