Honeywell Themostat TH8320ZW Reset Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell Themostat TH8320ZW Reset Issue

This thermostat uses a CR2032 coin cell to back up the clock if power is lost. However, if there is a power lost, and the clock does not back up( due to dead coin cell or other issue), the thermostat will not continue to operate the HVAC unit unit the clock is reset. I don't use a program so the clock isn't important. Is there any setting, where the HVAC will start to operate again if the clock is not re st?

Originally posted by R Alan View Post
    This thermostat uses a CR2032 coin cell to back up the clock if power is lost. However, if there is a power lost, and the clock does not back up( due to dead coin cell or other issue), the thermostat will not continue to operate the HVAC unit unit the clock is reset. I don't use a program so the clock isn't important. Is there any setting, where the HVAC will start to operate again if the clock is not re st?
    I'm afraid that's probably a question for Honeywell. Setting the time isn't an option from the TCC Portal, so you'd have to handle that at the unit itself. But this should be an exceedingly rare case, shouldn't it?

Comment

Working...
    X