This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TLS 1.2

I did apply the XP/POS security hack, and it did not help. I had to do some registry edits to get the new TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 to show in the Internet Options/ Advanced. I tried with all the SSL/TLS protocols enabled, and only TLS 1.2. The results were always the same.

I guess that makes sense if you're targeting the .Net libraries. They would still not support TLS 1.2 even if the underlying OS does.

So please do let us know if you are able to make progress on this. To upgrade from XP, I would need new hardware. There's multiple reasons I'm not crazy about that. So I will just live without your plugin for now.

Comment

Originally posted by KurtLutterman View Post
      I did apply the XP/POS security hack, and it did not help. I had to do some registry edits to get the new TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 to show in the Internet Options/ Advanced. I tried with all the SSL/TLS protocols enabled, and only TLS 1.2. The results were always the same.

I guess that makes sense if you're targeting the .Net libraries. They would still not support TLS 1.2 even if the underlying OS does.

So please do let us know if you are able to make progress on this. To upgrade from XP, I would need new hardware. There's multiple reasons I'm not crazy about that. So I will just live without your plugin for now.
      On the Windows side it's a more promising story. I'll probably be able to provide a temporary test build of the plugin you can manually put in place to help me confirm this works on XP soon, if you don't mind!

Comment

I'll probably be able to provide a temporary test build of the plugin you can manually put in place to help me confirm this works on XP soon, if you don't mind!
        Absolutely!

Comment

Ok, I just posted 1.2.0, which works fine for me on my 64-bit Windows 10 server and on my 64-bit Linux server (with the stock debian mono version 3.2.8, no less!).

I do not have a 32-bit Windows XP machine to test this on, however, so please try it out and let me know what happens If it doesn't work, a TRACE level plugin log file would be much appreciated.

Comment

I will try out the 1.2 plugin version when I'm at my vacation house this coming weekend. Thanks!

Comment

Feb-26 09:26:24 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - login failed
              Feb-26 09:26:16 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - login failed
              Feb-25 14:10:24 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - login failed
              Feb-25 14:10:21 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - login failed
              Feb-24 13:58:26 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - login failed
              Feb-24 00:10:00 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - login failed

Issues connecting to Honeywell. Still not connected today. I think it's when I updated. Suggestions?!?

Comment

I just put out 1.2.1 (which is identical to 1.1.3 in terms of code base) to roll back to the pre-"libcurl" version. This means XP and linux users won't be able to use the plugin until I get this resolved, though, so if it's working for you, stick with 1.2.0 for now!

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                  I just put out 1.2.1 (which is identical to 1.1.3 in terms of code base) to roll back to the pre-"libcurl" version. This means XP and linux users won't be able to use the plugin until I get this resolved, though, so if it's working for you, stick with 1.2.0 for now!
                  Rolling back to this version fixed the frequent thermostat disconnect problems that I was having on Windows 10.

Elliott
                  "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                  "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
                  X