This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feobrien View Post
    Sorry if I am being dense here. But how do I actually execute those commands?
    You said it didn't help, so I'm a bit confused: did you attempt to execute them previously?

Since the Zee is a linux box, the normal way to access a linux server is via an SSH client using the normal user credentials. However since I don't own a Zee I can't specifically tell you what that is... There's also a way to execute a system command from the menu, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      You said it didn't help, so I'm a bit confused: did you attempt to execute them previously?

Since the Zee is a linux box, the normal way to access a linux server is via an SSH client using the normal user credentials. However since I don't own a Zee I can't specifically tell you what that is... There's also a way to execute a system command from the menu, I believe.
      Thanks to another Zee user, I have updated the commands needed if you're running this from the Tools > System Tools > Linux Commands feature of the HS3 Web UI. Please review this post for the details![/B]

Once you've done that and updated the plugin (in either order) things should start working once you get a clean restart of the plugin. Thanks for your patience!

Comment

Finally got brave enough to execute all of the updated curl stuff and install the updated plug-in. I'm happy to say, all seems to be working well! I can once again connect to my thermostat. Thanks for all the advice and patience to get me through the updates

Comment

Unfortunately I spoke too soon. It worked for a while, now it has stopped. Shows "failed".

Comment

So it seems to work part of the time. Right now it shows everything fine, but earlier this morning, as well as a few times during the night, I see the following message in the log
            May-14 7:24:00 AM

Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
            Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry

Curl command failed: Timeout was reached (28)

Comment

Originally posted by feobrien View Post
              So it seems to work part of the time. Right now it shows everything fine, but earlier this morning, as well as a few times during the night, I see the following message in the log

Curl command failed: Timeout was reached (28)
              Ok, that's good news, actually. I intend to make the timeout setting configurable, I just didn't get to that change yet. I've got a bunch more stuff in the hopper to push out to update logging and provide some more control around the web requests, so I'll add this to it tonight.

Comment

It is working but log still shows some related error messages - today I see

May-15 9:48:42 AM

May-15 9:48:42 AM

Error retrieving data for device 1434638: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
                May-15 9:43:38 AM

Comment

Please see https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195799.

Comment

Working...
                  X