This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat Status

I have been seeing sometimes where the Thermostat status would be blank and no devices would be updated. The connection device would say its connected but I see this error in the log:

Mar-05 12:27:42 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to log in: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

If I click on the Update button then things get fixed. Is there a way to have HS do the update with an event so I can keep the plugin talking to the thermostat, or is this something that you are aware of and trying to fix? I am on 1.2.0.0.

Thank you

Also saw this today:

Mar-05 4:10:16 AM Info Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat has connected.
    Mar-05 4:10:15 AM Warning I/O interface Honeywell WiFi Thermostat is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Mar-05 4:20:03 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error executing action (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)
    Mar-05 4:20:03 AM Event Event Trigger "Living Room Thermostat Heating Living Room Heat Setpoint 71 - House Awake 2"
    Mar-05 4:19:23 AM Info Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat has connected.
    Mar-05 4:19:22 AM Warning I/O interface Honeywell WiFi Thermostat is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
    Mar-05 4:19:07 AM Info Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat with instance: has disconnected
    Last edited by sonypoolplr; March 5, 2018, 04:43 AM.

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
    I have been seeing sometimes where the Thermostat status would be blank and no devices would be updated. The connection device would say its connected but I see this error in the log:

Mar-05 12:27:42 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to log in: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

If I click on the Update button then things get fixed. Is there a way to have HS do the update with an event so I can keep the plugin talking to the thermostat, or is this something that you are aware of and trying to fix? I am on 1.2.0.0.

Thank you
    The "connection" just reports whether the last update from the HW server stated whether or not your thermostat was connected to their service. I've occasionally seen that error message myself, but if the HTML I'm getting back is messed up, there's not a lot I can do, and trying to capture when that happens has been pretty challenging since it's so sporadic!

It's also worth noting that this doesn't in any way keep the plugin from doing anything since it doesn't maintain a connection - the whole thing works via polling for status updates and immediate requests when needed. The next update or command should still fire even if this happens. Of course this could prevent a command from firing, which is bad, so I'll continue to look at it, but the login process is the part of this that suffers the most from not having a true API.

Comment

Also saw this today:

Mar-05 4:10:16 AM Info Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat has connected.
      Mar-05 4:10:15 AM Warning I/O interface Honeywell WiFi Thermostat is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Mar-05 4:20:03 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error executing action (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)
      Mar-05 4:20:03 AM Event Event Trigger "Living Room Thermostat Heating Living Room Heat Setpoint 71 - House Awake 2"
      Mar-05 4:19:23 AM Info Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat has connected.
      Mar-05 4:19:22 AM Warning I/O interface Honeywell WiFi Thermostat is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
      Mar-05 4:19:07 AM Info Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat with instance: has disconnected
      I've never seen that before... if you stop and restart the plugin does it continue to have issues? Can you provide the info requested here: Having Problems? Follow these steps first please?

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
        The "connection" just reports whether the last update from the HW server stated whether or not your thermostat was connected to their service. I've occasionally seen that error message myself, but if the HTML I'm getting back is messed up, there's not a lot I can do, and trying to capture when that happens has been pretty challenging since it's so sporadic!

It's also worth noting that this doesn't in any way keep the plugin from doing anything since it doesn't maintain a connection - the whole thing works via polling for status updates and immediate requests when needed. The next update or command should still fire even if this happens. Of course this could prevent a command from firing, which is bad, so I'll continue to look at it, but the login process is the part of this that suffers the most from not having a true API.
        I will try to get the logs you need, but I can tell that it does effect things because once the status goes blank the plugin stops updating the data in HS. If I click on the Update button then all starts working again, but for how long is a crap shoot.

Comment

I will try to get the logs you need, but I can tell that it does effect things because once the status goes blank the plugin stops updating the data in HS. If I click on the Update button then all starts working again, but for how long is a crap shoot.
          The plugin updates the data in HS every 5 minutes or when you push the update button - the logic is the same.

Comment

Here is what HS looks like when it stops updating and then what is does after I hit Update. So I don't think it is doing anything on its own after a time.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks - the logs will be the only real way to troubleshoot this. I also need the rest of the info from that thread when you're ready.

Comment

Hopefully this is the data that you want.

HS version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368 (Windows)
                Plugin version: 1.2.0.0
                Thermostat model: THX9421R5013
                Data dump:

"success": true,
                "deviceLive": true,
                "communicationLost": false,
                "latestData": {
                "uiData": {
                "DispTemperature": 70,
                "HeatSetpoint": 70,
                "CoolSetpoint": 77,
                "DisplayUnits": "F",
                "StatusHeat": 0,
                "StatusCool": 0,
                "HoldUntilCapable": true,
                "ScheduleCapable": true,
                "VacationHold": 0,
                "DualSetpointStatus": false,
                "HeatNextPeriod": 92,
                "CoolNextPeriod": 92,
                "HeatLowerSetptLimit": 40,
                "HeatUpperSetptLimit": 90,
                "CoolLowerSetptLimit": 50,
                "CoolUpperSetptLimit": 99,
                "ScheduleHeatSp": 70,
                "ScheduleCoolSp": 77,
                "SwitchAutoAllowed": false,
                "SwitchCoolAllowed": true,
                "SwitchOffAllowed": true,
                "SwitchHeatAllowed": true,
                "SwitchEmergencyHeatAllowed": false,
                "SystemSwitchPosition": 1,
                "Deadband": 0,
                "IndoorHumidity": 47,
                "DeviceID": 84544,
                "Commercial": false,
                "DispTemperatureAvailable": true,
                "IndoorHumiditySensorAvailable": true,
                "IndoorHumiditySensorNotFault": true,
                "VacationHoldUntilTime": 0,
                "TemporaryHoldUntilTime": 0,
                "IsInVacationHoldMode": false,
                "VacationHoldCancelable": false,
                "SetpointChangeAllowed": true,
                "OutdoorTemperature": 36,
                "OutdoorHumidity": 80,
                "OutdoorHumidityAvailable": true,
                "OutdoorTemperatureAvailable": true,
                "DispTemperatureStatus": 0,
                "IndoorHumidStatus": 0,
                "OutdoorTempStatus": 0,
                "OutdoorHumidStatus": 0,
                "OutdoorTemperatureSensorNotFault": true,
                "OutdoorHumiditySensorNotFault": true,
                "CurrentSetpointStatus": 0,
                "EquipmentOutputStatus": 0
                },
                "fanData": {
                "fanMode": 0,
                "fanModeAutoAllowed": true,
                "fanModeOnAllowed": true,
                "fanModeCirculateAllowed": true,
                "fanModeFollowScheduleAllowed": false,
                "fanIsRunning": false
                },
                "hasFan": true,
                "canControlHumidification": false,
                "drData": {
                "CoolSetpLimit": null,
                "HeatSetpLimit": null,
                "Phase": -1,
                "OptOutable": false,
                "DeltaCoolSP": null,
                "DeltaHeatSP": null,
                "Load": null
                }
                },
                "alerts": "\r\n\r\n"
                }
                Attached Files

Comment

What version of Windows? If you're not on XP, I suggest you update the plugin to version 1.2.1.

Comment

It is windows 10. So OK I will try that.

Comment

Working...
                    X