This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated plugin and Now Does Not Work?

After updating plugin the thermostat device status is blank and I get the following error in log:

Calling SetIOMulti in Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

The name of thermostat is correct and device ID is set.

Any help is much appreciated !!!!! Rick

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    After updating plugin the thermostat device status is blank and I get the following error in log:

Calling SetIOMulti in Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

The name of thermostat is correct and device ID is set.

Any help is much appreciated !!!!! Rick
    Sorry about that - this was a significant change in the architecture (to address a security change Honeywell made to their website) and while it's been working fine for me for months now pre-release, it's certainly not been as smooth as I'd like.

Can you please start here: Having Problems? Follow these steps first. and email me (steve at skware dot net) the results?

Comment

Shill,

I sent you about three emails. One had attached to it the trace debug file. Plugin is down until I hear back from you?

Is there a chance you could put a version of your plugin in the homeseer updater that you know works well. It was working fine for me before updating. Very frustrated...Rick

Comment

Shill,

I sent you about three emails. One had attached to it the trace debug file. Plugin is down until I hear back from you?

Is there a chance you could put a version of your plugin in the homeseer updater that you know works well. It was working fine for me before updating. Very frustrated...Rick
        Rick -

While I'm sympathetic that it's inconvenient for you that the plugin isn't working well and I'm certainly going to do all I can to remedy that, it does take a little time. Your 3 emails all came in between 10PM and 1:15AM last night, and I will process the information you provided when I sit down to work on this this evening.

As far as releasing a version that I "know works well", there's unfortunately no such thing. The version that worked for you didn't work for anyone on Linux (which includes all the people with a Zee appliance) or Windows XP (including some older HomeTroller models) because Honeywell made a change to their security that those environments do not support natively. The switch to use some external libraries that do work in those environments is causing you (and a few others) some problems that I haven't seen in my own systems over the past few months of testing, so I'm flying blind and trying to work from log files to figure it out - a process that is laborious and time consuming to say the least (for both of us!).

As you should know, having accepted the terms and conditions of this plugin in order to use it, because Honeywell has chosen not to supply an API, these kinds of breaking changes are a) not announced and b) not supported for people like me trying to make the best of the tools they've provided.

I will continue to work diligently on these issues, but I ask for your patience and that you attempt to temper your frustration with reality and a proper sense of the impact of this inconvenience in the meantime.

Regards,
        Steve

Comment

Yes, I do understand about the issues and the different hardware platforms. Is there a way you could send me a version for windows 7 that I could update my system with. Again was working great until I updated. If not I will wait patiently for fix. Thanks again...Rick

Comment

Yes, I do understand about the issues and the different hardware platforms. Is there a way you could send me a version for windows 7 that I could update my system with. Again was working great until I updated. If not I will wait patiently for fix. Thanks again...Rick
            Can you clarify for me what flavor of Windows 7 you're running?

Please note the request at the top of the forum from Mark and provide that info? https://forums.homeseer.com/announcement.php?f=1310

Also, while you've been kind enough to provide the TRACE file from my thread about what to provide if you have a problem, there are still a number of details that might help me that I requested as well (with the understanding you might not be able to get the data dump if the plugin isn't working): https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179559

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X