X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 1.25 Issues?

Shill,

Very interesting. After I first updated the plug-in to version l.25 I got a windows error box stating that Thermostat Plug-In has stopped running. Then I disabled the plug-in using the plug-in management page and re-enabled it again. Trace was off (info) and the plug-in was working pretty well. It seemed to update devices ok and when selecting new setpoints, etc. they would actually change and update. Then I turned trace on and devices would not update. Probably because of timing issues with the overhead of the trace log functions? Then the longer the plug-in was running, the worse it got. Devices wouldn't change and update properly and then I got another windows error box stating that the thermostat plug-in had stopped running. Tried to disable plug-in and re-enable plug-in and got more windows error boxes saying that the thermostat plug-in had stopped working. Seems the plug-in is having trouble retrieving data from the thermostat. It appears to connect ok to thermostat but maybe there is some timing setting that needs to be changed to allow more time to retrieve data from thermostat. Just a guess and probably not a good one. What is really problematic are the windows error boxes stating the thermostat plug-in has stopped working. Again there for a bit it was at least working. I also noted that when you increment the setpoint by +1 or -1 that it doesn't get updated properly. When the windows error boxes come up of course can't get log information and when trace log is active devices are not updating at all. Let me know what I can do to help you try and fix these issues. Are others having these issues too? Thanks much Shill !!!!!! For a bit there I thought it just might be fixed. Maybe it has to do with homeseer .435 update and it might help to check with homeseer to see if there are any changes they made that may affect plug-ins that they haven't told anyone about, especially the plug-in developers. I hope this information helps a bit......Rick

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    Shill,

Very interesting. After I first updated the plug-in to version l.25 I got a windows error box stating that Thermostat Plug-In has stopped running. Then I disabled the plug-in using the plug-in management page and re-enabled it again. Trace was off (info) and the plug-in was working pretty well. It seemed to update devices ok and when selecting new setpoints, etc. they would actually change and update. Then I turned trace on and devices would not update. Probably because of timing issues with the overhead of the trace log functions? Then the longer the plug-in was running, the worse it got. Devices wouldn't change and update properly and then I got another windows error box stating that the thermostat plug-in had stopped running. Tried to disable plug-in and re-enable plug-in and got more windows error boxes saying that the thermostat plug-in had stopped working. Seems the plug-in is having trouble retrieving data from the thermostat. It appears to connect ok to thermostat but maybe there is some timing setting that needs to be changed to allow more time to retrieve data from thermostat. Just a guess and probably not a good one. What is really problematic are the windows error boxes stating the thermostat plug-in has stopped working. Again there for a bit it was at least working. I also noted that when you increment the setpoint by +1 or -1 that it doesn't get updated properly. When the windows error boxes come up of course can't get log information and when trace log is active devices are not updating at all. Let me know what I can do to help you try and fix these issues. Are others having these issues too? Thanks much Shill !!!!!! For a bit there I thought it just might be fixed. Maybe it has to do with homeseer .435 update and it might help to check with homeseer to see if there are any changes they made that may affect plug-ins that they haven't told anyone about, especially the plug-in developers. I hope this information helps a bit......Rick
    Yes, I think the trace logging is bogging down these smaller CPUs; I have an idea on that that I'm going to work on tonight.

You're not alone, but for others (including mine, which is the real problem here - trying to troubleshoot something you can't recreate is nearly impossible!) it's working fine. So far the common denominator seems to be people running HomeTrollers (meaning those who've had similar issues are, not that everyone with a HomeTroller is), so it may have something to do with the CPU or the version of Windows...

Comment

I have a relatively new hometroller S6 Pro running windows 7. No other programs running on computer. Could it be version .435 of homeseer software? I take it you are running .435 on your system? Are there any settings in the plugin setup screens that could help like some of the timing delays, etc.? Also I am only running three plugins. Do you have any further ideas on resolving this issue?

I know that version 1.21 (1.13) worked fine for me. If all else fails could you post this version on updater or somewhere else so that I and others with these issues could use it instead of the lattest version. Maybe you will find a resolution for the new version but in the meantime all my events, etc. are down. Thanks again for all your help.....Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
        I have a relatively new hometroller S6 Pro running windows 7. No other programs running on computer. Could it be version .435 of homeseer software? I take it you are running .435 on your system? Are there any settings in the plugin setup screens that could help like some of the timing delays, etc.? Also I am only running three plugins. Do you have any further ideas on resolving this issue?

I know that version 1.21 (1.13) worked fine for me. If all else fails could you post this version on updater or somewhere else so that I and others with these issues could use it instead of the lattest version. Maybe you will find a resolution for the new version but in the meantime all my events, etc. are down. Thanks again for all your help.....Rick
        Please see https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195799.

Comment

Shill,

How do I go back to version 1.21? Again, it worked well for me before updating to lattest version and all thermostat events are down right now. I don't have windows XP. Your help on this is much appreciated !!!! Rick

Comment

Please see https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195799.

(Coming tomorrow - running a soak test this weekend while I'm out of town.)

Comment

Working...
            X