Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shill
    replied
    I just started up a test Linux server and added one of my thermostats to it from scratch with no issue, so I can confirm it's not specifically something I broke in a recent update - theoretically the plugin is still handling this part just fine.

So it's either something specific to your system or something specific to your thermostat... either the log file, attempting to control your thermostat from my development system (or maybe a TeamViewer screen share support session?) is going to be required to get anything figured out. But I'm sure there's a way to make this work!

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    You can either rename the extension to txt or zip it; both of those formats are allowed. I'm not sure why .log files aren't...

Leave a comment:

• E.S.Buckeye
    replied
    Log File

I’m coverting the .log file to a pdf because the forum won’t accept a .log upload. Is there another better way to do it?

Yes the newly added thermostat disappears from the config tab when I leave and come back to it.
    Last edited by E.S.Buckeye; June 1, 2018, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by E.S.Buckeye View Post
    What happens instead is the thermostat just dissappears from the Config tab and the device placed on the device list never updates.
    It disappears from the config tab??

Also, any chance you could get me the actual log file? I can't work very well with the PDF, since it breaks lines and copy/pasting content loses characters sometimes, too.

One other option would be for you to grant me access to your thermostat in the TCC portal so I could add it to my system and determine whether it's the thermostat itself causing the issue, your system configuration, or the plugin in general. That's up to you, of course, but if you're game, I can PM you the email address to use.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.Buckeye
    replied
    Another Longer Trace

6:1:2018 09:51:02.102 Trace.pdf

Leave a comment:

• E.S.Buckeye
    replied
    What happens instead is the thermostat just dissappears from the Config tab and the device placed on the device list never updates.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Thanks for that - glad you got the Trace settings to work!

All I can tell from that log file is that you turned on Trace and then at 10:09:11 you added a thermostat, which created the devices a few seconds later at 10:09:19 when you hit Save.

Then at 10:09:33 (just 14 seconds later), the log stops - I'm not sure if it's because you turned off the log level or if that's just when you grabbed a copy.

As I mentioned earlier: "When you click 'Save Settings', it adds the basic devices (the root device and the status device) and schedules an update, which will happen approximately 30 seconds after this."

And also: "save it the start the plugin and wait 2 or 3 minutes"

The devices are created with no properties and an "unknown" status because it hasn't had a chance to communicate with the Honeywell servers yet, and I've yet to see a log file that shows it hitting the point where it would try so I can see if it's a) never trying or b) trying and failing.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.Buckeye
    replied
    Log file

6:1:2018 09:51:02.102 Trace.pdf

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by E.S.Buckeye View Post
    I believe your interface is preventing me from running a trace.

E.S.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AB7rtyEDW...h98-3IawdsY0YU
    That's actually a very frustrating bug in the controls provided by HomeSeer on Linux... if you click on one of the levels you CAN see, try using the down arrow to get it to scroll so you can see Trace.

Alternatively, if you can SSH onto the server and are comfortable working in Linux, you can just stop the plugin and edit the config file and set the LogLevelFile setting to 6, save it the start the plugin and wait 2 or 3 minutes, then reverse that and set it back to your preferred level.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.Buckeye
    replied
    I believe your interface is preventing me from running a trace.

E.S.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AB7rtyEDW...h98-3IawdsY0YU

Leave a comment:

• E.S.Buckeye
    replied
    That's because it never actually connects to mytotalcomfort.com or configures the thermostat. It simply drops a dummy device that has no properities.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Thanks. That's just on Debug (not Trace), and it doesn't show the plugin ever trying to update the thermostat, so it doesn't tell me a whole lot, but I can explain the process a litte...

Once you've gotten all the required stuff filled in (accepting the T&Cs and providing the credentials), you can put in your device ID and the name you want to see in HomeSeer, then hit "Add".

When you click "Save Settings", it adds the basic devices (the root device and the status device) and schedules an update, which will happen approximately 30 seconds after this.

When the plugin communicates with Honeywell, it gets all the configuration info needed to create the other devices as well as the status info needed to populate their values.

What I see in your screenshot and logs is only up to the part before it does the first update...

Leave a comment:

• E.S.Buckeye
    replied
    Not much to it but here it is.

5/31/2018 08:41:24.143 Info [------] Main.Main Log file location: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Logs/HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.log
    5/31/2018 08:41:24.190 Debug [------] PluginLogic.GetMonoVersion Mono Version: 5.4.1.7 (tarball Wed Jan 31 23:13:36 UTC 2018)
    5/31/2018 08:41:24.197 Info [------] PluginLogic.InitIO Running on Linux Version 3.16.0.31600 using Mono version 5.4.1
    5/31/2018 08:41:25.086 Debug [------] Main.RegisterWebPage Registered link 'HW_Wifi_Tstat_Config'
    5/31/2018 08:41:25.093 Debug [------] Main.RegisterWebPage Registered link 'HW_Wifi_Tstat_Docs'
    5/31/2018 08:42:52.805 Debug [------] PluginConfigPage.postBackProc Added thermostat 'Buckeye' (3700507) to list

https://www.evernote.com/l/AB6J3zDrA...miiNSgOYFJUKNE

Link is images of the relevant screenshots.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Thanks - that tells me what I need to know about your system itself. The second link is instructions to help me understand what's happening with the plugin. Once you provide that log file I'll take a look!

Leave a comment:

• E.S.Buckeye
    replied
    Help screen hangs/timesout ... here's my recreation

Current Date/Time: 5/30/2018 2:42:56 PM PDT
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.425 (Linux)
    HomeSeer: Is Registered
    System Uptime: 0 Days 17 Hours 41 Minutes 54 Seconds
    LAN IP Address: 192.168.86.2 (hometrollerSEL)
    Client IP Address: 192.168.86.215 (192.168.86.215)
    Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Loopback Address (localhost) IP: 127.0.0.1
    Web Server Port: 80
    Number of Devices: 55
    Number of Events: 3
    Event Last Ran: IFTTT : Toggle Garage SmalL, Ran at 5/4/2018 8:51:22 AM
    Number of unique event scripts used: 0
    Plug-Ins Enabled: Z-Wave:,Sonos:,NetCAM:,MyQ:,Honeywell WiFi Thermostat:
    Modules/Threads: 94 Modules, 69 Threads
    Available Threads: 199
    HomeSeer Memory Used: 122 Mbytes
    Plug-In Memory Used:

HSTouch (Built-In) See Setup N/A
    Honeywell WiFi Thermostat