No announcement yet.

RTH9585WF model thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can either rename the extension to txt or zip it; both of those formats are allowed. I'm not sure why .log files aren't...

Comment

I just started up a test Linux server and added one of my thermostats to it from scratch with no issue, so I can confirm it's not specifically something I broke in a recent update - theoretically the plugin is still handling this part just fine.

So it's either something specific to your system or something specific to your thermostat... either the log file, attempting to control your thermostat from my development system (or maybe a TeamViewer screen share support session?) is going to be required to get anything figured out. But I'm sure there's a way to make this work!

Comment

HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT (3).txt

There's the log file as .txt

E.S.

Comment

Thanks! I see now what's going on much more clearly - it's getting to the point where it's supposed to embed the details about the thermostat in the root thermostat device and then nothing happens... no error is thrown, nothing gets written to the log file, it just goes into the "PEDAdd" function and then stops.

My guess is if you looked at your HomeSeer log for when this happened last (6/1/2018 11:05:54) you'd see an error there that HomeSeer had with the plugin but that didn't show up within the plugin itself. I will add some additional logging to that particular method and provide an updated plugin file testing later tonight.

Are you able to copy files onto the server? Using FTP, WinSCP, an SSH client like MobaXterm, or using Samba (or any other method)?

Comment

I am sure we can figure out a way to transfer a file and I have direct access to the server here ... if I understand your question.

Comment

Originally posted by E.S.Buckeye View Post
              I am sure we can figure out a way to transfer a file and I have direct access to the server here ... if I understand your question.
              Ok, I've added some more logging and additional error handling. Let's see what this tells us...
              • Stop the plugin
              • Delete any devices it created
              • Download this file: https://skware1.blob.core.windows.ne..._EXE_1_3_3.zip
              • Unzip the file and put the new EXE in your HS3 directory on the server
              • Start the plugin
              • Set the plugin log file to Trace
              • Add your thermostat and click "Save Settings"
              • Wait 2 minutes
              • Set the plugin log file back to Info and click "Save Settings"
              • Download the log file and send it to me

Thanks for your patience!

Comment

Comment

That exe is the plugin, the same file that's downloaded a you install it from the updater (minus all the supporting files). HomeSeer on Linux leverages mono to run .NET applications.

And you don't need to run it, just replace the existing file with this new one.

Comment

OK one last thing... do you know the correct path for the install. I can probably figure it out but having the path would help.

E.S.

Comment

OK one last thing... do you know the correct path for the install. I can probably figure it out but having the path would help.

E.S.
                      Plugins just go in the root directory of hs3.

Comment

HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT-3.txt

This is the new Trace file. Took me a few days to get to this sorry.

Comment

Aha... I was just dealing with a similar issue over email with another user, and found a defect in my logging that's supposed to warn you that you're not running a supported version of Mono.

6/10/2018 16:32:34.929 Info [------] PluginLogic.InitIO Running on Linux Version 3.16.0.31600 using Mono version 5.4.1

This should cause the plugin to throw a "FATAL" error and indicate the issue on the plugin status page.

Because Honeywell requires HTTPS connections using TLS 1.2 for security reasons, and because Mono doesn't support TLS 1.2 until version 4.8, this plugin requires at least that level of mono.

While I have some instructions in the sticky post above (LINUX/ZEE USERS: MONO 4.8 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED!!), from my experience this weekend it seems HS has distributed Mono 4.5.1 in an unusual way on the Zee devices, so my advice is to contact them and ask about how you get an updated version on Mono that supports TLS 1.2 installed.

Comment

But I'm running Mono 5.4.1

Comment

But I'm running Mono 5.4.1
                              Oops! You're right - the issue I had this weekend was someone running Mono 4.5.1, so my brain just went a bit dyslexic on me, I guess.

The additional logging I put in did the trick, though - upon further examination, this is your issue:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.Linq, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

Your system is missing the System.Xml.Linq assembly, distributed with mono 5.4 via libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil, I think. On my mono 5.X system I ended up just doing mono-complete because I ran into this and several other missing DLLs.

Comment

I'll try a reinstall of Mono and let you know.

Thanks!

E.S.

Comment

Working...
                                X