Outdoor temp not being read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor temp not being read

According to the supported list my TH9320 may or may not work so I understand if it will not.

But...it seems all works fine except for the outdoor temp. There seems to be a discrepancy between what shows up in the debug info from the Honeywell site when using the plugin versus when logging in directly through a browser.

In the log snippet from Homeseer I see:
    "..."OutdoorTemperature":128, "OutdoorHumidity":128, "OutdoorHumidityAvailable":false, "OutdoorTemperatureAvailable":false, "DispTemperatureStatus":0, "IndoorHumidStatus":0, "OutdoorTempStatus":128, "OutdoorHumidStatus":128, "OutdoorTemperatureSensorNotFault":true, "OutdoorHumiditySensorNotFault":true, ..."

But when I manually log into the Honeywell I see:
    "... Control.Model.set(Control.Model.Property.outdoorHumidity, 75);
    Control.Model.set(Control.Model.Property.outdoorTemp, 75);..."

And of course my thermostat shows the outside temp and humidity. So maybe just a parsing issue?

According to the capabilities Honeywell is reporting about that thermostat, it doesn't provide the outdoor temperature, so I shouldn't be creating a device - and the value it provides for the temperature itself (128) is nonsensical to begin with.

That all just means the thermostat itself doesn't have an outdoor sensor, but rather they're just using the internet to show the current temperature.

Are you seeing an Outdoor Temp device created as part of the plugin that's showing the 128 value?

Comment

Thanks for the response and most of what you noted seems to be correct. It certainly does NOT have an outside temperature/humidity sensor but Honeywell does provide the data in their response when I manually log in. And it does provide it to the unit for display presumably because they know where I'm located instead of an actual sensor which is good enough.

I have no idea why HS records the 128 as a response but the manual view of the webpage itself shows the actual data. I do not see that any outdoor devices were created in HS either. I tried to do a new install and still nothing which I assumed was because of the "OutdoorHumidityAvailable":false, "OutdoorTemperatureAvailable":false" telling the plugin not to?

Comment

Originally posted by jhaney143 View Post
        Thanks for the response and most of what you noted seems to be correct. It certainly does NOT have an outside temperature/humidity sensor but Honeywell does provide the data in their response when I manually log in. And it does provide it to the unit for display presumably because they know where I'm located instead of an actual sensor which is good enough.

I have no idea why HS records the 128 as a response but the manual view of the webpage itself shows the actual data. I do not see that any outdoor devices were created in HS either. I tried to do a new install and still nothing which I assumed was because of the "OutdoorHumidityAvailable":false, "OutdoorTemperatureAvailable":false" telling the plugin not to?
        That's correct. I wasn't sure if your question was why I'm showing 128 in the outdoor temp or just because you saw it in the JSON. I don't create devices for things that aren't provided in the data. Personally, I use the WeatherXML plugin for my weather data/devices. (WeatherXML + Thermostat Data + my Device History plugin = cool charts showing AC performance!)

Comment

I reckon I can use the weather one as well. Was just hoping to not have to use another app for data I was hoping could be used.

So I guess you can add the model I use to your list of supported ones as it does work well.

Comment

Originally posted by jhaney143 View Post
            I reckon I can use the weather one as well. Was just hoping to not have to use another app for data I was hoping could be used.

So I guess you can add the model I use to your list of supported ones as it does work well.
            Yeah, since they don't send it in the response to my request, I can't help you with that. Sorry!

And thanks for the confirmation of a new model - I'll update the list.

EDIT: Just checked the list and it's actually there already - just with a more detailed model number (TH9320WF5003). If your model number differs from that specific one, please let me know and I'll add it as well.

Comment

Comment

Ah! I must be behind in the documentation vs. the list in the sticky at the top of this forum. Frankly I'll probably replace that with a link to that post instead in the next update!

Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Awesome. Sounds good Shill. Thanks for the responses!

Comment

Working...
                  X