Problem: "Not connected"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem: "Not connected"

I am using plugin version 1.3.2.0. I have 3 identical Honeywell TH9320WF5003, one for each zone. Just over the past day or so, one of the three is showing "Not Connected," while at the same time for status it is showing "Success." It will update temperature at the thermostat and its set point, but I cannot change its set point with HS3Pro. I can change the set point with the Honeywell app on my android phone or manually at the thermostat. The log gives the following error message:
    [3487055]Error sending change request: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Any suggestions to fix this issue would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Elliott
    Last edited by Richel; August 11, 2018, 07:50 AM. Reason: New data.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Please see the "Having Problems? Follow these steps first." thread for information I'll need in order to assist you with this. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      Please see the "Having Problems? Follow these steps first." thread for information I'll need in order to assist you with this. Thanks!
      Thanks. Please see attached files.
      Attached Files
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

For the "Not Connected" issue, this is why the plugin is telling you that:

Code:
        8/11/2018 10:20:35.436 Debug [3487055] HWConnection.GetData Retrieved Data:
        Indoor Temp: 80
        Cool Setpoint: 80
        Heat Setpoint: 67
        Fan Mode: Auto
        Fan Operating: False
        System Mode: Cool
        Operating Mode: Cool
        Operating Status: Idle
        Indoor Humidity: 40
        Outdoor Temp: 128
        Outdoor Humidity: 128
        JSON data:
        {"success":true,
        "deviceLive":false,
        [COLOR=#FF0000]"communicationLost":true,[/COLOR]
        "latestData":{"uiData":{"DispTemperature":80,
        "HeatSetpoint":67,
        "CoolSetpoint":80,
        "DisplayUnits":"F",
        "StatusHeat":2,
        "StatusCool":2,
        "HoldUntilCapable":true,
        "ScheduleCapable":true,
        "VacationHold":0,
        "DualSetpointStatus":false,
        "HeatNextPeriod":72,
        "CoolNextPeriod":72,
        "HeatLowerSetptLimit":40,
        "HeatUpperSetptLimit":90,
        "CoolLowerSetptLimit":50,
        "CoolUpperSetptLimit":99,
        "ScheduleHeatSp":62,
        "ScheduleCoolSp":85,
        "SwitchAutoAllowed":true,
        "SwitchCoolAllowed":true,
        "SwitchOffAllowed":true,
        "SwitchHeatAllowed":true,
        "SwitchEmergencyHeatAllowed":true,
        "SystemSwitchPosition":3,
        "Deadband":3,
        "IndoorHumidity":40,
        "DeviceID":3487055,
        "Commercial":false,
        "DispTemperatureAvailable":true,
        "IndoorHumiditySensorAvailable":true,
        "IndoorHumiditySensorNotFault":true,
        "VacationHoldUntilTime":0,
        "TemporaryHoldUntilTime":0,
        "IsInVacationHoldMode":false,
        "VacationHoldCancelable":true,
        "SetpointChangeAllowed":true,
        "OutdoorTemperature":128,
        "OutdoorHumidity":128,
        "OutdoorHumidityAvailable":false,
        "OutdoorTemperatureAvailable":false,
        "DispTemperatureStatus":0,
        "IndoorHumidStatus":0,
        "OutdoorTempStatus":128,
        "OutdoorHumidStatus":128,
        "OutdoorTemperatureSensorNotFault":true,
        "OutdoorHumiditySensorNotFault":true,
        "CurrentSetpointStatus":2,
        "EquipmentOutputStatus":0},
        "fanData":{"fanMode":null,
        "fanModeAutoAllowed":false,
        "fanModeOnAllowed":false,
        "fanModeCirculateAllowed":false,
        "fanModeFollowScheduleAllowed":false,
        "fanIsRunning":null},
        "hasFan":false,
        "canControlHumidification":false,
        "drData":{"CoolSetpLimit":null,
        "HeatSetpLimit":null,
        "Phase":-1,
        "OptOutable":false,
        "DeltaCoolSP":null,
        "DeltaHeatSP":null,
        "Load":null}},
        "alerts":"\r\n\r\n"}
        I'm interpreting that "communicationLost = true" piece of information as whether or not the Honeywell servers are able to talk to the thermostat in your house or not (Connected/Not Connected in HS), and the "success = true" as whether my request for an update from the Honeywell servers worked or not (Success/Failure in HS). The plugin can't talk to your thermostat directly, so I just have to go by what this data is telling me.

If you log in to the web portal, are there any alerts you need to clear from a previous connection loss event, maybe? That could be why it's still saying that, but I'm just theorizing on that...

Comment

For the "Path" parsing error, it looks like I've accidentally flagged a log message that I need for this as "TraceHTML", which isn't an option in the UI. I'll either need to change that and deploy a new version (which takes a couple days to show up now that we're all going through HomeSeer to post these plugins), or you can stop the plugin and edit the plugin INI file in the config directory and set the LogLevelFile value to 7, then start the plugin and try to send a change to that thermostat. Then you can use the Options page to turn it back down to normal.

It's interesting to see that this error happens with the same thermostat that Honeywell is thinking isn't connected...

Comment

For the "Path" parsing error, it looks like I've accidentally flagged a log message that I need for this as "TraceHTML", which isn't an option in the UI. I'll either need to change that and deploy a new version (which takes a couple days to show up now that we're all going through HomeSeer to post these plugins), or you can stop the plugin and edit the plugin INI file in the config directory and set the LogLevelFile value to 7, then start the plugin and try to send a change to that thermostat. Then you can use the Options page to turn it back down to normal.

It's interesting to see that this error happens with the same thermostat that Honeywell is thinking isn't connected...
            Thanks. So, I went to the web portal for my Honeywell thermostats and there was nothing there to clear. I then did what you suggested above (changed LogLevelFile=7), restarted the plugin, and tried again to send a change. Again, I could not do this. What if I just deleted the thermostat and add it back?
            Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Thanks. So, I went to the web portal for my Honeywell thermostats and there was nothing there to clear. I then did what you suggested above (changed LogLevelFile=7), restarted the plugin, and tried again to send a change. Again, I could not do this. What if I just deleted the thermostat and add it back?
              Elliott
              The increased log level was to allow you to get an updated log file while attempting to send a change so I could see the HTML the server was sending back that I (for some reason) couldn't parse. It won't specifically help with sending the change at this point. And no, deleting it won't change anything, so don't do that. You'll have to fix events, HS Mobile dashboards, etc.

Comment

The increased log level was to allow you to get an updated log file while attempting to send a change so I could see the HTML the server was sending back that I (for some reason) couldn't parse. It won't specifically help with sending the change at this point. And no, deleting it won't change anything, so don't do that. You'll have to fix events, HS Mobile dashboards, etc.
                Okay. Please look at attached.

Elliott
                Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like the config page was accessed and the settings were re-saved at 1:34 PM:

8/11/2018 13:34:32.897 Trace [------] PluginLogic.PostBackProc >>>> PluginLogic.PostBackProc(HW_Wifi_Tstat_Config,&id=obtnSave&b tnSave=Submit,administrator,6)

And the errors all show up at 1:38 PM and after, but the log level at that point was reset to something below DEBUG since there are no other messages but warnings and errors when the change was attempted...

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like the config page was accessed and the settings were re-saved at 1:34 PM:

8/11/2018 13:34:32.897 Trace [------] PluginLogic.PostBackProc >>>> PluginLogic.PostBackProc(HW_Wifi_Tstat_Config,&id=obtnSave&b tnSave=Submit,administrator,6)

And the errors all show up at 1:38 PM and after, but the log level at that point was reset to something below DEBUG since there are no other messages but warnings and errors when the change was attempted...
                    I will try again to get you better information.

Comment

I hope this is better.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, that helps - but only so far. The issue is that the request fails, and instead of sending back the JSON I'm expecting, an error of some sort happens:

Code:
                        <head><title>

Unexpected Error

</title>
                        So it seems the only way I'm going to be able to troubleshoot this is if you're willing to grant me access to your thermostat. If you're comfortable with that (I promise not to do anything crazy!) I can connect in debug mode and try to figure out what it doesn't like. If so, use the "My Account" > "Grant Access" feature add "steve@steveandkristie.com" to your account.

(I'm leaving for vacation for 2 weeks on Tuesday, so I'm motivated to get this figured out fast!)

Comment

Ok, that helps - but only so far. The issue is that the request fails, and instead of sending back the JSON I'm expecting, an error of some sort happens:

Code:
                          <head><title>

Unexpected Error

</title>
                          So it seems the only way I'm going to be able to troubleshoot this is if you're willing to grant me access to your thermostat. If you're comfortable with that (I promise not to do anything crazy!) I can connect in debug mode and try to figure out what it doesn't like. If so, use the "My Account" > "Grant Access" feature add "steve@steveandkristie.com" to your account.

(I'm leaving for vacation for 2 weeks on Tuesday, so I'm motivated to get this figured out fast!)
                          You've got access. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

You've got access. Thanks!
                            Maybe it takes a while to show up, but nothing so far in my locations except for my home. I'll check in a bit later...

Comment

Maybe it takes a while to show up, but nothing so far in my locations except for my home. I'll check in a bit later...
                              I went back to their portal. I placed a check mark at "Marina," which is mine, and again granted you access. I am not sure whether I needed to do that (check the box) in the first place, but it is done now. It should be instantaneous for your access, I would think.

Comment

Working...
                              X