No announcement yet.

Problem: "Not connected"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So there's something really wrong with this thermostat on the Honeywell Portal. It is still the only thermostat reporting "communicationLost" (between all of yours and all of mine), and the "Submit" button doesn't function. If you make any changes and try to click it nothing happens, but if you try to navigate away it prompts you because you haven't submitted it yet... I suggest you give Honeywell support a call and complain that the web portal isn't working for this device (I wouldn't mention the plugin...) and let me know if they're able to fix it if that clears up this issue for you within the plugin, too.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      So there's something really wrong with this thermostat on the Honeywell Portal. It is still the only thermostat reporting "communicationLost" (between all of yours and all of mine), and the "Submit" button doesn't function. If you make any changes and try to click it nothing happens, but if you try to navigate away it prompts you because you haven't submitted it yet... I suggest you give Honeywell support a call and complain that the web portal isn't working for this device (I wouldn't mention the plugin...) and let me know if they're able to fix it if that clears up this issue for you within the plugin, too.
      Thank you very much. I see what you are saying. The strange thing is that it works fine from the app on my smart phone. I will contact Honeywell technical support and see if they can help.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Thank you very much. I see what you are saying. The strange thing is that it works fine from the app on my smart phone. I will contact Honeywell technical support and see if they can help.
        Called customer support: "Due to the unusually large call volume, we cannot answer your call at this time. Call back later." The problem progressed to where that thermostat would not even provide current information, either in Honeywell web portal or on the smart phone app. I only got an error message that it was not connected to the internet, when the thermostat was connected.
        In any case, the SOLUTION: I deleted the thermostat from the Honeywell portal and then added it back. It was like nothing ever happened with the plugin. All is well!
        Elliott
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Glad it was that easy after all!

Comment

Working...
          X