Config page UI weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Config page UI weirdness

Fresh install of HS3 on Linux and now getting my thermostat plugin re-working...

The config page looks mighty weird at the bottom around the logging settings. See screenshot below. This is with Chrome browser on Windows 10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thermostat config page.PNG
Views:	123
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1243792

Yeah, it doesn't do that on Windows... I found a solution for it, though, so the next version should correct that.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      Yeah, it doesn't do that on Windows... I found a solution for it, though, so the next version should correct that.
      When will I be able to test the next version?

And, are these log entries related to this problem?
      Aug-26 9:06:25 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat started successfully in 1353 milliseconds
      Aug-26 9:06:24 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [------]The version of Mono on your system (4.6.2) is not supported.
      Aug-26 9:06:24 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [------]Running on Linux Version 4.9.0.7 using Mono version 4.6.2
      Aug-26 9:06:24 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat ...
      Aug-26 9:06:24 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [------]Log file location: /usr/lib/HomeSeer/Logs/HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.log
      Aug-26 9:06:24 PM Info Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:37822
      Aug-26 9:06:23 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Honeywell WiFi Thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by amr42 View Post

When will I be able to test the next version?

And, are these log entries related to this problem?
        Aug-26 9:06:25 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat started successfully in 1353 milliseconds
        Aug-26 9:06:24 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [------]The version of Mono on your system (4.6.2) is not supported.
        Aug-26 9:06:24 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [------]Running on Linux Version 4.9.0.7 using Mono version 4.6.2
        Aug-26 9:06:24 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat ...
        Aug-26 9:06:24 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [------]Log file location: /usr/lib/HomeSeer/Logs/HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.log
        Aug-26 9:06:24 PM Info Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:37822
        Aug-26 9:06:23 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
        I haven't started on it yet, so it will be a while. I know the solution because I have applied it to 3 other plugins recently - I just haven't passed those updates through to this plugin yet.

Your issue is pretty clearly called out in the log file: "The version of Mono on your system (4.6.2) is not supported."

Please see the documentation on System Requirements (page 3) and/or this sticky post: LINUX/ZEE USERS: MONO 4.8 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED!!

If this is your own Pi, you can use the process defined online to update Mono. If this is a HomeSeer-provided Pi (like the Zee S2), you'll need to contact HS for instructions on how to get a newer version.

Comment

I haven't started on it yet, so it will be a while.
          OK, I'll update my mono then !

Your issue is pretty clearly called out in the log file: "The version of Mono on your system (4.6.2) is not supported."
          That's what I thought...

So this is my own fresh (2 weeks old) Debian 4.9 install (e.g. not SEL or Zee). With Mono v4.6.2 is everything below the "If you're running your own Linux-based server, here's an abbreviated cheat sheet to get the latest version of mono installed:" pretty much standard commands?. I already have ssh installed, and just doing an rsync backup now. I love Linux when everything is going as expected... It's when something goes wrong, that the wheels fall off my bus!

Thanks,

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by amr42 View Post

OK, I'll update my mono then !

That's what I thought...

So this is my own fresh (2 weeks old) Debian 4.9 install (e.g. not SEL or Zee). With Mono v4.6.2 is everything below the "If you're running your own Linux-based server, here's an abbreviated cheat sheet to get the latest version of mono installed:" pretty much standard commands?. I already have ssh installed, and just doing an rsync backup now. I love Linux when everything is going as expected... It's when something goes wrong, that the wheels fall off my bus!

Thanks,

Andrew
            Yes, that process should be pretty straightforward (I hope!).

Comment

Working...
            X