RTH9580WF as "master" thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTH9580WF as "master" thermostat

Not sure where this belongs so I'll start here.

I have 10 RCS Z-wave thermostats connected to HS3, one for each floor heating zone. I'm now getting a Honeywell wifi thermostat which will be mounted in a central location. When I set a temperature on the Honeywell I would like Homeseer to replicate that setpoint to all (or a subset of) the other thermostats.

Can someone suggest a way to do this?

Thanks

Should be simple to set up with some events and script. Trigger an event based on the change of your Honeywell device (cool setpoint, system mode, etc.) and then have a script run to read the value of that device and issues the command to change the other thermostats.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      Should be simple to set up with some events and script. Trigger an event based on the change of your Honeywell device (cool setpoint, system mode, etc.) and then have a script run to read the value of that device and issues the command to change the other thermostats.
      Thanks - care to post an example of such a script? I have a decent hang of events but scripting is all new to me

Comment

It should be as simple as something like this (assuming "101" = the device ref of your Honeywell Cool Setpoint device and "201" and "211" are the device refs of different thermostats' cool setpoint devices:

SyncThermostats.vb:
        Code:
        Sub SyncAll (parms As Object)[INDENT]
        'Thermostat 1 Cool Setpoint
        hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(201, hs.DeviceValueEx(101), True)
        hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(211, hs.DeviceValueEx(101), True)[/INDENT]

End Sub
        There are lots of ways to expand on this, of course, but to a degree it will depend on how slavishly you want them to behave. The strictest approach would be to have one such line (hs.SetDeviceValue...) for each "control" (Cool Setpoint, Heat Setpoint, System Mode, Fan Mode, Hold Type) and code this one function to just force them all to follow suit. Then you set up an event to run this function (SyncAll) from this script (SyncThermostats.vb) when the Honeywell Cool Setpoint changes to Any Value OR the Honeywell Heat Setpoint changes to Any Value OR etc., etc.

Alternatively, you could have more discrete functions (instead of just Main, you could create one called "Sub SyncSetpoints", and trigger that one only when the Heat or Cool setpoint change) or add additional conditions to make sure there's not some reason to override, etc.

Then you could get into making the parameters come from the event, so that you could have an event for one set of thermostats and a different set of parameters for another set of thermostats.

Start with that and if you want to get more complex, let me know and we'll work through it!

Comment

Working...
        X