Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International support?

Hi

My thermostat is registered at https://international.mytotalconnectcomfort.com/

I get a login failure with the plugin. Fixable?

Thanks

Last time I looked into this, the international version didn't show web control like the US version does. Unless they've significantly changed how they support non-US devices, I'm afraid the answer is "no".

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      Last time I looked into this, the international version didn't show web control like the US version does. Unless they've significantly changed how they support non-US devices, I'm afraid the answer is "no".
      Argh. I stupidly took that for granted... Are you one hundred percent sure?

Maybe I can register on the US site and hack the location data?

Comment

Unfortunately, yes. The plugin's entire functionality is based on mimicking the web control, since Honeywell won't provide a public API for the TCC-based thermostats, and since the international version of the site doesn't actually provide control capabilities, it's simply not an option. Whether you can register on the US site with fake location data or not I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
          Unfortunately, yes. The plugin's entire functionality is based on mimicking the web control, since Honeywell won't provide a public API for the TCC-based thermostats, and since the international version of the site doesn't actually provide control capabilities, it's simply not an option. Whether you can register on the US site with fake location data or not I don't know.
          Funny, it appeared that way - and their phone app works in a similar fashion.

Anyway I now have it registered on the U.S site - only issue is that my house is in FL and the thermostat in Sweden so the weather forecast is wildly optimistic and the clock is 6 hours behind.

It seems to always take about 10 seconds to process a command from HomeSeer. Is that normal?

Comment

I would expect it to take 1-2 seconds longer to react from HS than it takes to react to changes via the app, though each command could vary based on latency and the servers on their end. It has to make the round trip from HS to Honeywell to your thermostat, and in some cases it has to also process the login first.

Comment

Working...
            X