Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.5 degree increments

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • .5 degree increments

    I've tried searching, but to no avail. I use Celcius, and adjusting temperature in whole increments can be less than ideal. Is there a way to adjust setpoints in .5 degree increments?

  • #2
    That's an oversight on my part. I'm on my way to Poland for the rest of the week, but an update to this plugin is next up on my rotation, so I'll fix that ASAP.

    Comment


    • #3
      No problem, wasn't sure if I was missing something somewhere. Much appreciated when you get a chance!

      Comment


      • #4
        Added in the latest release!

        Comment


        • #5
          I think there are some issues relating to .5 degree increments for Celsius mode users.

          Here is an example. The current indoor temp is 22.5 and the setpoint is 22.5. Use the -0.5 button or drop down box on the device page to set the thermostat to 22. What happens is the Honeywell thermostat setpoint almost immediately goes to 22 as it should however the setpoint still shows 22.5 on the device page. Also the indoor temp on the Honeywell thermostat is 22 yet the device page shows 22.5. A simple test up and down in .5 increments will display this behavior.

          I believe the indoor temp device has always behaved this way in Celsius mode. Shill, I should have brought this to your attention before!

          I'm currently on 1.4.0.1. The ability to adjust in .5 increments was added in 1.4.0. Prior to that the setpoint could only be adjusted in whole increments and worked properly.

          So the similarity here is whatever was affecting incrementing up and down by .5 in the indoor temp device is now affecting the setpoint device in the same manner. My conclusion is the plugin/HomeSeer devices are not handling the .5 increments properly.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I think there are some issues relating to .5 degree increments for Celsius mode users.

            Here is an example. The current indoor temp is 22.5 and the setpoint is 22.5. Use the -0.5 button or drop down box on the device page to set the thermostat to 22. What happens is the Honeywell thermostat setpoint almost immediately goes to 22 as it should however the setpoint still shows 22.5 on the device page. Also the indoor temp on the Honeywell thermostat is 22 yet the device page shows 22.5. A simple test up and down in .5 increments will display this behavior.

            I believe the indoor temp device has always behaved this way in Celsius mode. Shill, I should have brought this to your attention before!

            I'm currently on 1.4.0.1. The ability to adjust in .5 increments was added in 1.4.0. Prior to that the setpoint could only be adjusted in whole increments and worked properly.

            So the similarity here is whatever was affecting incrementing up and down by .5 in the indoor temp device is now affecting the setpoint device in the same manner. My conclusion is the plugin/HomeSeer devices are not handling the .5 increments properly.
            Because there's no official API, when I send commands to the thermostat I don't know if it worked until I pull updated data. So the setpoint on the device page won't change until a few seconds (up to 30 in most cases) later. I looked over the code and it's using double in all the right places, so if this isn't working for you, I'll need a TRACE level plugin log file showing:

            a) Screenshot of the device listing/status
            b) Change the setpoint to a .5 degree increment
            c) Wait for a data update to happen (at least 60 seconds to give it time to request and process the update)
            d) Screenshot of the device listing/status afterwards

            And if the indoor temp isn't changing properly, I'll need that log to cover the time it takes for it to change by .5 degrees, too.

            Comment


            • #7
              HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.txt

              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (27).png Views:	1 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	1288136

              Thanks for you help. I initiated a sequence from 22 to 21.5 to 21 degrees and back to 22. The Honeywell thermostat setpoint reads 22 and the indoor temp 22. Here is a current screen shot and log.
              Regards,
              Ps. Total Comfort Connect always shows the correct values currently: setpoint 22, indoor temp 22.

              Comment


              • #8
                Further to this. I updated to 1.4.0.2. I turned on debug and downloaded the log. The data retrieved from the thermostat seems correct. The thermostat indoor temp is 22, the data in the log shows 22 yet the HomeSeer device page shows 22.5 (it did not update). I restarted HomeSeer a couple of times. I deleted (including the ini file) and re-added the thermostat. That all went without a hitch. Could there be a bug in HomeSeer/device that is preventing this data from updating correctly?

                Regards,

                Comment


                • #9
                  Check the "Status Graphics" tab of the indoor temp device and see if "Decimal Places" is set to 0?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by shill View Post
                    Check the "Status Graphics" tab of the indoor temp device and see if "Decimal Places" is set to 0?
                    Both the indoor temp and setpoint devices were set to 1, I changed them both to 0. The indoor temp immediately corrected to the thermostat value of 22.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DMT View Post

                      Both the indoor temp and setpoint devices were set to 1, I changed them both to 0. The indoor temp immediately corrected to the thermostat value of 22.
                      Well that's not good. What's it going to say when the indoor temp is actually 22.5?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Figured it out! When I get new data, I check to see if the value has changed or not, which is how I decide whether or not to update the device. The "DeviceValue()" method provided by HomeSeer returns an integer, which causes it to think things are the same (22 vs. 22) when really they're not (22.5 vs. 22) so it fails to update unless it changes by a whole degree.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by shill View Post
                          Figured it out! When I get new data, I check to see if the value has changed or not, which is how I decide whether or not to update the device. The "DeviceValue()" method provided by HomeSeer returns an integer, which causes it to think things are the same (22 vs. 22) when really they're not (22.5 vs. 22) so it fails to update unless it changes by a whole degree.
                          This explains a lot - why all the other devices change/update as they should, including humidity which is always an integer. Also why historically there was a disparity in indoor temp that eventually corrected when it changed by a whole number. I was always puzzled by this in my custom HSTouch thermostat screen that I look at a lot. And, why the same behaviour was introduced when the setpoint temp was changed to .5 increments. Prior, it always changed by an integer so it updated correctly. So, the plugin continues to work great!!! The indoor temp and setpoint HomeSeer devices are an issue when the thermostat is set to C. Do you think there is a fix for this? Many thanks for your help.

                          Regards,


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I pushed 1.4.0.3 last night. It usually takes 24-48 hours for HST to move it to the updater.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by shill View Post
                              I pushed 1.4.0.3 last night. It usually takes 24-48 hours for HST to move it to the updater.
                              Thanks, the fix worked. Very much appreciate your effort. In the course of this I found something else...

                              This image shows the Hold Type device - there are three buttons

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (29).png
Views:	16
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1289005

                              I tried to create a test event and I should be able to choose from None, Permanent and Temporary. If you look, Temporary is missing...

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (28).png
Views:	17
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1289006

                              and here is why, I think. The Status-Control created for Temporary is control and should be both? Changing it (temporarliy) confirms this.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (30).png
Views:	21
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1289004

                              This plays havoc on HSTouch screens when you are trying to use the match status function. Perhaps this is a simple fix for the next release? Again, Many thanks for you help.
                              Regards,


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X