Possible new issue with 1.4.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible new issue with 1.4.0.0

Something has changed with my HS3Pro over the past week or so. Load has gone to 100% and stayed there. This essentially crashes my home automation system, because it becomes unresponsive, and I need to reboot to fix. Thinking about what has changed, I thought it might be the upgrade to 1.4.0.0. So, I disabled the plugin and the problem seems to have been kept at bay. Can a plugin wreak such havoc on the system? If so was 1.4.0.0 such a big change that it could do this? Finally, what is the best way to downgrade to the previous version this plugin? Thanks. Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

I checked my system and the plugin is using 0% CPU and 19MB RAM, which is in line with other plugins I'm running (except for the HS ZWave plugin, which is using like 25% of my CPU!). It spiked to 4% when it processed an update (every 5 minutes), so I don't see any reason why it would be the cause. Are you seeing high CPU from the HSPI_SKWARE_WIFI_TSTAT.exe process?

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      I checked my system and the plugin is using 0% CPU and 19MB RAM, which is in line with other plugins I'm running (except for the HS ZWave plugin, which is using like 25% of my CPU!). It spiked to 4% when it processed an update (every 5 minutes), so I don't see any reason why it would be the cause. Are you seeing high CPU from the HSPI_SKWARE_WIFI_TSTAT.exe process?
      Okay, thanks. I restarted the plugin and as with you, HSPI_SKWARE_WIFI_TSTAT.exe is not using much resource. I will look elsewhere then.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Any time you want a little more info on Windows processes, this utility is helpful:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ocess-explorer

It'll let you drill-down into a process and see what files and things it has open, to perhaps tell what might be getting blocked or otherwise consuming too many resources.

That and it helps to bring up the Resource Monitor to get a more detailed look at CPU, Network, Memory and Disk stats.

Comment

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
          Any time you want a little more info on Windows processes, this utility is helpful:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ocess-explorer

It'll let you drill-down into a process and see what files and things it has open, to perhaps tell what might be getting blocked or otherwise consuming too many resources.

That and it helps to bring up the Resource Monitor to get a more detailed look at CPU, Network, Memory and Disk stats.
          Nice tool! Thank you. Elliott

Comment

Working...
          X