Total Connect Comfort - Off Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Connect Comfort - Off Topic

This is not a plugin problem. Over the past several days, all 3 of my thermostats have given errors on my android app: "..device did not acknowledge changes submitted..." I was wondering if anyone else has seen this, too?
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

>sigh< Honeywell just can't seem to stop monkeying around with this. I'm glad I've kept mine set up with their own on-board schedules. I'd love to make better use of automation for them but, honestly, the built-in scheduler just keeps things stable.

Comment

I've been getting a few of those, too.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
        I've been getting a few of those, too.
        Thanks. They seemed to have stopped for now.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

I contacted Honeywell / Resideo support today regarding a similar problem. They acknowledged an issue communicating from their server to the thermostat. No estimate of when it would be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef Ono View Post
            I contacted Honeywell / Resideo support today regarding a similar problem. They acknowledged an issue communicating from their server to the thermostat. No estimate of when it would be resolved.
            Thanks.

Comment

Has anyone found ways to talk to the thermostats locally? I've got four interfaced through a Redlink gateway and would much prefer having local communication with them.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it isn't possible. I imagine the thermostats initiate a websocket with the Honeywell servers using HTTPS/TLS, since there are no firewall holes to open, and I doubt they have any listening services locally.

Comment

At some point I want to rejigger my networking setup to get a switch positioned to where I can mirror the port to do some Wireshark sniffing. It'd be interesting to see what goes on with the phone app and the Redlink gateway.

Comment

Working...
                  X