Cant Adjust set point in events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant Adjust set point in events

I Have 6 Honeywell wifi thermostats. recently, I noticed that the air conditioning was constantly running in an area when it should have a higher set point in the morning than the evening. I went to look at the event and there it wound allow me to change the setpoints. When I try to do the drop down I get no selections. Same with all the other thermostats. I updated the plugin and restarted my hometroller.

whats going on?

MV

Yeah, unfortunately I'm seeing the same thing I'll work on this first thing when I get home at the end of the week. Sorry for the delay!

Comment

I am seeing the same thing. It affects Imperihome plugin as well. When I set the temperature from Imperihome or from an event, I do have a normal log entry:
      ul-29 12:27:49 AM Device Control Device: First Floor 1st Floor Therm Heat Setpoint to 70 (70) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      But t does not set properly. Interestingly if I set it manually from the device, it does set properly.

-Garry

Comment

Anything new on this? I am also getting this message: 1 thermostat not ready yet.

see Attachment
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
          I'll work on this first thing when I get home at the end of the week. Sorry for the delay!
          (I'm in the air over the Bering Sea at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
            Yeah, unfortunately I'm seeing the same thing I'll work on this first thing when I get home at the end of the week. Sorry for the delay!
            I had already made some changes in 1.4.1 that I hadn't published yet, and on my end those changes (which also dealt with the way Setpoints values are configured on the device status page) seem to have taken care of this. I'm going to go ahead and release it in the hopes you'll see the same thing. If not, I'll take another look!

Comment

So, with the update to 1.4.1.0, I had the same issue. The update strips the set points in the events. You need to go to your events and re-enter all the set points to fix the issue. (If you open an event, it looks like there is a set point set. However, if you go to the line where the set point is entered, click the arrow at the end of the line, the set point comes up empty.)
              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Yeah, this is a result of an earlier bug report that it wasn't working with GH/Alexa, and that turned out to be because of how I handled the status values for setpoints. But when I changed those, the old events didn't like it, and HS doesn't offer any way for folks to manipulate events programmatically, so there's no way to recover or automatically fix it. Sorry for the lack of description on the side effects, though!

Comment

So... How do you fix it? Are you saying I have to recreate every heating and cooling event in homeseer?

Comment

I tried creating a new event and I still can't pull down the temperature setpoint. Are we still working on this?

Comment

Yes, you'll have to go edit (not recreate) any actions you have that change the setpoint device. I wish there was a way for me to look through the events and fix them for you, but HS does not provide any way to do that.

As far as not having anything in the dropdown for your setpoint, that's not an issue I'm aware of that still exists.Both Richel and I commented last month that editing the events fixed things, so if it's not working for you then we need to dig deeper into your setup to see why not. The most likely cause for this is your "Status Graphics" settings got messed up somehow.

Here's what it should look like, though your numbers may vary depending on your locale and the settings you've chosen for min/max:

Click image for larger version  Name:	status_graphics.png Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	1325291

Comment

Ok, I found a little time to try to address this. Could you tell me how to get to the window to edit those values? Click image for larger version

Name:	Second Floor Thermostat.png
Views:	249
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	1328491

Comment

Shill, Can you tell me how to get to the page so I can copy your values?

Comment

Click on the name of the device, and then go to the Status/Graphics page.
                            Don

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelV View Post
                              Ok, I found a little time to try to address this. Could you tell me how to get to the window to edit those values? Click image for larger version

Name:	Second Floor Thermostat.png
Views:	249
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	1328491
                              This screenshot shows the problem very clearly: your Cool Setpoint device doesn't have ANY of the normal range values defined. donstephens is right: fixing it is as easy as clicking on "Cool Setpoint" then you'll see the same screen from my screenshot if you click on the "Status Graphics" tab (as shown in that screenshot). You may need to click "Add New Range Value" to get an entry you can set up per the screenshot above.

That being said, it looks like you have other problems, too, since you have 2 extra, ungrouped "Cool Setpoint" devices that have never even been updated. You should be able to delete those, but I can't really tell from the 2 screenshots on top of each other what's going on with the thermostat above the "Second Floor" one (or the "Bedroom one below it, unless the screenshots are out of order).

Comment

Working...
                              X