Plugin Stopped Connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Stopped Connecting

This morning around 3:30AM the plugin stopped connecting to the Honeywell system. Is anyone else having problems with the plugin connecting? Is there anything that I can check out on my end? I am able to connect to the thermostat using the Honeywell app on my phone, so I am confident that the thermostat is connected to their system.

Thank you

I'm seeing quite a few errors as well in my log, but I'm also getting updates sometimes, so I don't know what's going on. I'll see if there's anything I can do about it on my end, but not sure how likely that is since this is all just done by leveraging their website to send commands as if you were logged in using it.

Comment

sonypoolplr Same here. Had a one-off failure to connect this morning at ~12:30am CT, and then continuous failure after 2:30amCT, same as you.
      -Wade

Comment

Same thing here, happened almost all day on the Sept 12th, then sporadically, now this morning constant errors.
        Sep-23 07:07:50 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [2275932]Error retrieving data: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Sep-23 07:07:50 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [2275932]Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
        Sep-23 07:07:42 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [2276054]Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
        Sep-23 07:07:42 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [2276054]Error retrieving data: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Sep-23 07:02:45 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [2275932]Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
        Sep-23 07:02:45 Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [2275932]Error retrieving data: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

They only info I can use to troubleshoot this is a plug-in log file, not messages from the HS log, and really only if you set the level to trace then let it do an update before turning it back down.

Comment

I changed the plug-in file type to trace and will let it run for awhile. Thanks.

Comment

Does this help?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                Does this help?
                Mine looks similar.
                Attached Files
                -Wade

Comment

Unfortunately, both of those logs appear to be set to INFO only, so they're not showing all the communication I need to see. Can you provide a screenshot of the options page showing the plugin log file level is TRACE?

Comment

Does the plugin need to be restarted after changing the log level? I didn't do that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	168
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1328406
                    -Wade

Comment

It shouldn't need to be restarted, but you could try that. Seems like I need to add THAT to the list of things to look into!

Comment

I set both HS and PI log level to trace this time and looks like it worked. Maybe looking at wrong flag for PI logging? Anyway, see if this gives what you need.

HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT (1).txt
                        -Wade

Comment

Ok, that helps a lot, thanks. I can now tell you that the problem is they've somehow changed their data structure, so I'll need to do some digging to try and figure out how it's changed. I also can see from this log that I did a crappy job of giving myself the info I need, since I failed to dump the response text in the TRACE log

So depending on whether I can recreate it with my own thermostats or not, I may need to release an interim plugin with one additional logging entry.

Comment

Happy to help with the additional logging if needed.
                            -Wade

Comment

I'm also getting the errors today. Will turn on trace logging in the plugin.
                              HS log has loads of
                              Sep-23 2:40:04 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [4845008]Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
                              Sep-23 2:40:04 PM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [4845008]Error retrieving data: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              which started at 2:20 am on 9/23

Looks like Honeywell are doing things behind the scenes today. I am not able to open the Honeywell Home / TCC website, it hangs when trying to log on. I opened the TCC app on my phone and am prompted by a new EULA from Resideo... in the EULA there is a "Do not use automated means to access the System..." section.

A little googling reveals that Resideo is the home arm of Honeywell that is spinning off (see https://www.honeywell.com/en-us/news...homes-business). So I would wager that this is all related to that change.

Comment

Working...
                              X