Problem Still Exists: Cool setpoint reverts immediately from event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Still Exists: Cool setpoint reverts immediately from event

I re-read the sticky and realized I didn't 100% follow the instructions for posting a problem. So I've recreated the post.
    License is paid, not trial.

I'm still having trouble with setpoint being reversed almost immediately (10-12 seconds it seems).
    The honeywell thermostat is on the first floor. (I have a Trane zwave on the 2nd floor)

When I run an event (the one attached is a screenshot) it simply sets values on both thermostats and then emails that it was concluded.

In the log file you can see the original value is 73. The event requests 72. Here's what I see in the log:

10/12/2019 08:48:03.658 - send change for CoolSetpoint to 72 (was 73)
    10/12/2019 08:48:07.616 - send change for CoolSetpoint to null
    10/12/2019 08:48:11.364 - send change for CoolSetpoint to null
    10/12/2019 08:48:15.877 - send change for CoolSetpoint to 73
    10/12/2019 08:48:19.687 - send change for CoolSetpoint to null
    10/12/2019 08:48:24.231 - get data shows json value of "CoolSetpoint":73,

When I watch the honeywell app, I see it flip for a few seconds then flip back, which is exactly what I see happen in the log.

My thermostat is a RTH9585WF model.
    Thermostat dump, log files and screenshot are below.

Homeseer Data:
    Current Date/Time: 10/12/2019 9:00:44 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.531
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 20 Hours 47 Minutes 7 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.0.250.30
    Number of Devices: 200
    Number of Events: 80
    Available Threads: 1023
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 13
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Norton Security Windows Defender
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: gateway
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    2.0.11.0: BLEditor
    2.0.28.0: BLOccupied
    1.4.1.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
    3.0.0.34: ImperiHome
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thermostat Event.png
Views:	127
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	1332446
    Attached Files

It might be worth trying a factory reset of the thermostat.
    -Wade

Comment

Hi Wade,

I can certainly try that - but I'm curious why you think it might help. The log seems to show that it is sent a request for 72, then sent a subsequent request for 73. This is exactly what I observe on the thermostat itself (and the app).

-Garry

Comment

I'm no expert at reading the trace logs, but I thought I saw that the HS device was reverted back on a subsequent status update--as if the thermostat didn't accept the new setpoint.

edit: On further thought, when my thermostats haven't received a setpoint command, the app clearly indicates the error. So the scenario I proposed may not make sense if you're not seeing that.
        -Wade

Comment

Hi Wade,

Every once in a while I'll get an "unacknowledged" error in the app, but not in this scenario. The thermostat accepts the change (and I see the change in the honeywell app and on the physical device) and then about 12 seconds later it reverts back to the previous setting. It's really strange. No errors.

-Garry

Comment

Aha. I had missed the point that you were seeing the change on the thermostat itself.
            -Wade

Comment

I've had a chance to look through the log (sorry, was in Mexico City last week, so just catching up) and I see the following things happening in your log:

1. Cool Setpoint change
              10/12/2019 08:48:03.643 Debug [4938964] ThermostatCommand.Execute Processing Setpoint command object
              10/12/2019 08:48:03.643 Trace [4938964] HWConnection.SendChange >>>> HWConnection.SendChange(<objChange>)
              10/12/2019 08:48:03.658 Debug [4938964] HWConnection.SendChange {"DeviceID":4938964,
              "SystemSwitch":null,
              "HeatSetpoint":null,
              "CoolSetpoint":72.0,
              "HeatNextPeriod":null,
              "CoolNextPeriod":null,
              "StatusHeat":2,
              "StatusCool":2,
              "FanMode":null}

2. Heat Setpoint change
              10/12/2019 08:48:07.601 Debug [4938964] ThermostatCommand.Execute Processing Setpoint command object
              10/12/2019 08:48:07.616 Trace [4938964] HWConnection.SendChange >>>> HWConnection.SendChange(<objChange>)
              10/12/2019 08:48:07.616 Debug [4938964] HWConnection.SendChange {"DeviceID":4938964,
              "HeatSetpoint":68.0,
              "CoolSetpoint":null,
              "StatusHeat":2,
              "StatusCool":2,
              ​​​​​​
              3. Fan Mode change
              10/12/2019 08:48:11.348 Debug [4938964] ThermostatCommand.Execute Processing Fan command object
              10/12/2019 08:48:11.348 Trace [4938964] HWConnection.SendChange >>>> HWConnection.SendChange(<objChange>)
              10/12/2019 08:48:11.364 Debug [4938964] HWConnection.SendChange {"DeviceID":4938964,
              "HeatSetpoint":null,
              "CoolSetpoint":null,
              "StatusHeat":null,
              "StatusCool":null,
              "FanMode":2}
              4. System Mode change
              10/12/2019 08:48:15.877 Debug [4938964] ThermostatCommand.Execute Processing Mode command object
              10/12/2019 08:48:15.877 Trace [4938964] HWConnection.SendChange >>>> HWConnection.SendChange(<objChange>)
              10/12/2019 08:48:15.877 Debug [4938964] HWConnection.SendChange {"DeviceID":4938964,
              "SystemSwitch":5,
              "HeatSetpoint":68.0,
              "CoolSetpoint":73.0,

"StatusHeat":null,
              "StatusCool":null,

The problem here is that the plugin isn't assuming success until it hears back from Honeywell that the thermostat has indeed changed (by polling to check the status) because the only acknowledgement I get is "thanks for passing along that request", not "that request has been executed successfully on the thermostat", combined with the fact that I'm apparently sending the setpoints along with the mode switch (which may be a requirement), so because they're all happening at the same time, the best it can do is send what it knows to be the current values.

First I'll try the mode change without the setpoints - that'd be an easy fix. If that doesn't work, I could MAYBE create some complex process of caching values, but the simpler answer would be to change your events to execute the system mode change FIRST, then adjust the setpoints. Not ideal since folks who haven't read this whole explanation wouldn't know that, but it would get the job done in the meantime.

What I'll probably do (which I have already built into the Lyric plugin) is add a checkbox to assume anything I send to Honeywell will work ("□ Update device values immediately when changed by this plug-in (Direct thermostat changes will not be reflected at the same time.)")

Comment

That makes a lot more sense! My intention was just to set the thermostat back to a "known good" setting each time I change house modes.

Thanks for looking into it. Do you want me to change the order in the event, or make them separate tasks in the event? I can test that tonight.

also -
                I ran into another glitch with this thermostat interacting with the imperihome plugin. The heat and cool setpoints are reversed, but fine for my other z-wave thermostat. I posted over in the imperihome group, it's located here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...l-are-reversed

Would you like me to open up a separate thread here?

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

I did confirm tonight that JUST changing the temperature works fine. I changed it from 74 to 72, and watched the thermostat. It moved the setpoint to 72. I timed it for over 2 minutes.

I added a second line changing the system mode to auto, and watching the thermostat, it changed the temperature, then 18 seconds later it changed it right back.

I would appear that sending the setpoints with the system mode change is the culprit. It only changes back when I set the mode.

Here's to hoping that it doesn't require the values in the API.

-Garry

Comment

Originally posted by garryadkins View Post
                    I ran into another glitch with this thermostat interacting with the imperihome plugin. The heat and cool setpoints are reversed, but fine for my other z-wave thermostat. I posted over in the imperihome group, it's located here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...l-are-reversed

Would you like me to open up a separate thread here?

Thanks for all the help!
                    Based on Spud's reply, it sounds like it's not really something imperihome supports. The plug-in has the two types of sertpoints properly identified in Homeseer already.

Comment

I have been using imperihome for years, and NEVER REALIZED that was a sun and moon. I thought it was heat and cool.

-G

Comment

Working...
                      X