New user - What causes this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shill View Post
    Yes, if you get the device refs for the root devices, you can stop the plugin, then add a line under [Options] for RootDevices=123,456,789 (assuming you have 3 thermostats where the device refs are 123, 456, and 789, for example). When you start the plugin, it shouldn't have trouble with not finding them anymore.
    I had exactly this same problem with the plug in and Honeywell Wifi Vision Pro Thermostats. The ini file did NOT have the RootDevices = xxx,xxx for my thermostats. I added the RootDevices = using my HS assigned device numbers. The Wifi Vision Pros connect without problems to the Honeywell TotalConnect Portal. After adding the RootDevices option to the ini file, I successfully shut down and restarted HS and the thermostats were listed as active in the plug in configuration within the HS Plug In Drop Down. Previous to this change, thermostats were NOT listed within the ini file and neither was any RootDevice. I am hopeful that this cures the problem I have had with losing the thermostat data within HS and thus also losing the connection to a display devoted to temperatures and humidity using HSTouch. Without reference to the RootDevices in the ini file, every reboot or power loss (yeah, I run the HS3 Pro on an old laptop whose battery is good for about 30 seconds if I have a house power loss) means I had to manually reset the plug in and manually delete the "old" thermostat devices from HS. I was about to give up on the plug in as I do have direct control over the therms with Honeywell's Total Connect App.

Comment

Yeah, I thought I'd fixed this in the latest update, but obviously not. After all the holiday travel I'll see if I can kill this bug once and for all...

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
        Yeah, I thought I'd fixed this in the latest update, but obviously not. After all the holiday travel I'll see if I can kill this bug once and for all...
        any updates?

thx
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X