Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operating Status always idle?

Using an MRCH1 Remote controller and a Redlink Gateway

Plugin works great, Setpoints show up, thermostat temp shows up, System mode and operating mode show up. Everything works fine...

Except Operating Status. Operating Status always shows as idle.

Is this a limitation of the MRCH1 and Redlink, or is it not being picked up for some reason?

Please let me know what logs you need and I'll send them your way.

I'm not where I can easily copy/paste it, but there's a sticky in this forum that explains what is needed when a problem is reported. Please have a look at that and send in the info. In your case, I especially need the json data from the root thermostat device page from a time where you KNOW it's running and have successfully updated the thermostat. That will tell us what HW is telling me about that status.

Comment

Here is the log in trace mode and the JSON data from the thermostat. I ramped all 4 thermostats up to 80 degrees through your plugin, waited for them to all update and start pumping out heat, then dropped them all down to 50 through your plugin, and waited for their status lights to return to idle.

ThermostatJSON.txt is when the Thearter thermostat was operating in heat mode.
      ThermostatJSONidle.txt is the same thermostat in idle mode.

I took a minute to look at the JSON from a thermostat when at idle and when in operation. I only found 3 differences.
      When in operation "StatusHeat": 1, "StatusCool": 1, "CurrentSetpointStatus": 1,

When Idle, All 3 of these values went to zero. Not sure what happens when I enable the AC, It's currently freezing out and my better 3/4ths would not appreciate that experiment.
      I can pull that data for you tomorrow if needed.
      Attached Files

Comment

I'll check the code tonight and see what values I'm looking for to flip that status and see how it aligns to this data, but it sounds like it SHOULD be changing... And no need for an AC-based test

Comment

One more piece of the puzzle. The System seems to have a low and a high heating mode.
          If the temperature is way below the setpoint, you get the JSON output in thermostatJSON. This is "high" mode.
          If the temperature is above the setpoint, you get the output in ThermostatJSONidle.txt
          If the temperature is a degree or two below the setpoint, you get a 3rd JSON output. I've attached it to this post.

When in "Low" mode, the JSON data displays "StatusHeat": 1 "StatusCool": 0 "CurrentSetpointStatus": 1
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok - StatusHeat and StatusCool are used to indicate Operating Mode, not system status. That's indicated by uiData.EquipmentOutputStatus, which is null in your data. I'll need to do some work to handle "if EquipmentOutputStatus is null, then interpret status based on those values being 0 or 1".

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
              Ok - StatusHeat and StatusCool are used to indicate Operating Mode, not system status. That's indicated by uiData.EquipmentOutputStatus, which is null in your data. I'll need to do some work to handle "if EquipmentOutputStatus is null, then interpret status based on those values being 0 or 1".
              Correction: StatusHeat and StatusCool thus far have been my indication of the hold status: 0 = Scheduled, 1 = Temporary, 2 = Permanent (your device doesn't seem to support this option). So a value of '1' just means you've changed the setpoint from whatever the already programmed schedule thought it was supposed to be. So I'm stuck with "your device doesn't support reporting the OperatingStatus".

Sorry about that.

Comment

That makes sense. I was using temporary holds for my testing, and the "low" mode test was on scheduled mode.

I had a feeling these units were just special. At least everything else works! It's not really something I NEED to have anyway.

For reference sake, the head units on my system are model MSZ-FH##NA (06, 09, 12, 15, or 18NA2 depending on size) paired with MRCH1 thermostats.

Comment

Working...
                X