Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Thermostat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Thermostat

    Jst bought a new Honeysell RTH9585WF thermostat. If I buy the plugin now will I be sorry later?
    1. will it work wsith HS4?
    2. will it be rewritten to use additional HS4 capabilities?
    3. when rewritten, will I have to pay again?

  • #2
    1. I've tried it with HS4 and it works. It's up to Homeseer to keep their promise that it will be compatible. I will not make any extra effort to make it work because they failed to honor that.

    2. Eventually. It's far more effort than any of us realized.

    3. No. I refuse to ask people to pay twice for the same thing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by shill View Post
      1. I've tried it with HS4 and it works. It's up to Homeseer to keep their promise that it will be compatible. I will not make any extra effort to make it work because they failed to honor that.

      2. Eventually. It's far more effort than any of us realized.

      3. No. I refuse to ask people to pay twice for the same thing.
      Thanx!!

      Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Got the plugin and it worked at first. But now it hasn't updated the devices for almost twelve hours. Temp and set point are not showing correct values.
        Also, on the thermostats tab after selecting the thermostat there's no ability to select min and max, etc. Seems like at least a min temp needs to be set for heating in winter.

        Am I doing something wrong?

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm not sure at this point - I'll need more info to help.

          See this sticky post for the details: Having Problems? Follow these steps first.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shill View Post
            I'm not sure at this point - I'll need more info to help.

            See this sticky post for the details: Having Problems? Follow these steps first.
            I deleted the thermostsat from the plugin and then deleted the devices from the dev mgt page of hs3 (only about half of the devices were deleted automatically). Then I added the device again in the plugin. Now the devices seem to be working, but I never had a chance to set the min and max cool and heat parameters,

            Comment


            • #7
              You should be able to set those after the first successful update on the thermostat management page.

              Comment


              • #8
                I used your info to delete all devices and the hspi file and start over. The problem is that I can add the thermostat and the devices are created and work fine. But after HS restarts or if I stop and start the plugin, the thermostat is forgotten on the Thermostat page of the plugin. I have to add it again and it then creates another set of devices which work fine until hs restarts, etc. Need a fix. Note the file i uploaded is NOT a zip file it's a .log file. System wouldn't let me upload log, bak etc files so i tried zip and it let me upload it. I don't know how to find the properties of the thermostat that you mention in your help file.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ah... I think this is the missing root devices bug! I'll have a look tonight, easy fix on your end if that's what is causing this. I'm on the hook for the permanent fix, of course, so this doesn't happen in the first place.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
                    System wouldn't let me upload log, bak etc files so i tried zip and it let me upload it.
                    fyi you can also just change the extension to .txt for a log file.
                    -Wade

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shill View Post
                      Ah... I think this is the missing root devices bug! I'll have a look tonight, easy fix on your end if that's what is causing this. I'm on the hook for the permanent fix, of course, so this doesn't happen in the first place.
                      The easy fix is?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Editing the ini file. But I've submitted a new version of the plug-in to Homeseer, just waiting for them to push it to the updater...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I just bought two Honeywell stats to replace two similarly-expensive Trane-Nexia stats that i was fed up dealing with because of their Portal issues ( nothing to do with Homeseer) New stats Installed easily, set up perfectly, account worked great on Alexa and on their web app.
                          Then I added this Homeseer plug-in and sent everything over the edge by nightfall. Apparently i am locked out. Used the default poll freq and other settings which are apparently too aggressive.

                          Just to be clear, once you are locked out all you see is Authentication Failed when you try to access the Portal via website or their app. Nothing from them to clue you to the reason you can’t login. If you click the Change Password button you receive a blank white screen with a Service Unavailable message— no other clues.
                          Not even a good way to find their phone number. Shill’s homeseer plug in doc has a phone number— i’ll try that. Then i may or may not re- enable the Homeseer plug in...I’m sick of dealing with Sometimes Works / Sometimes Doesn’t issues on just about every piece of technology i interact with. Except my Toyotas, which just work.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Can you provide your plug-in log file? As far as I know this has only happened once or twice in the history of the plug-in, so I don't think any of the settings are too aggressive, but there could be a bug or something that required a specific combination of things to go wrong where it gets in a retry loop of some sort - that's all I can think of that would result in this.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mark Hershey View Post
                              I just bought two Honeywell stats to replace two similarly-expensive Trane-Nexia stats that i was fed up dealing with because of their Portal issues ( nothing to do with Homeseer) New stats Installed easily, set up perfectly, account worked great on Alexa and on their web app.
                              Then I added this Homeseer plug-in and sent everything over the edge by nightfall. Apparently i am locked out. Used the default poll freq and other settings which are apparently too aggressive.

                              Just to be clear, once you are locked out all you see is Authentication Failed when you try to access the Portal via website or their app. Nothing from them to clue you to the reason you can’t login. If you click the Change Password button you receive a blank white screen with a Service Unavailable message— no other clues.
                              Not even a good way to find their phone number. Shill’s homeseer plug in doc has a phone number— i’ll try that. Then i may or may not re- enable the Homeseer plug in...I’m sick of dealing with Sometimes Works / Sometimes Doesn’t issues on just about every piece of technology i interact with. Except my Toyotas, which just work.
                              Some of us are dealing with their servers seeming to be offline as well.
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...mfort-com-down
                              -Wade

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X