Redlink 3.0 support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redlink 3.0 support

Folks, does anyone here have experience with this plugin using Redlink thermostats like the Mitsibushi MHK2 or the Honeywell T10, etc.?

Mike

I believe it's account based, not protocol based.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

The plug-in speaks to the online service for the control, not the on-site bridge itself. The thermostats and sensors on-site communicate to the Redlink, and that communicates to the Honeywell servers. The plug-in speaks to Honeywell service.

Comment

i have been using it to control Mitsubishi mini splits (mr. slim) for several years now. It works well.

Redlink Gateway
        MRCH1 Wireless Thermostat x4
        MFH1 Wireless receiver
        MOS1 Outdoor Air Sensor ( for outdoor temperature)

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't being clear. I already have several of the Redlink gateways and MRCH1 thermostats, etc... To say the UI on the thermostats and the total comofrt connect app leave much to be desired is an understatement.

With the new MHK2 option from Mitsubishi, I am thinking about replacing the MHK1's, but want to know if I do that will this plugin still be the link to the TCC service the way it is with the Redlink 2.0 devices like the MHK1's.

thx
          mike

Comment

The plug-in talks to the website and mimics user behavior, so it seems likely that your local equipment won't have any impact on the functionality, but keeping in mind that this is all just a bit of a hack to get around the fact they don't provide an API, so the only way to know for sure is to try.

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post
              Sorry, I wasn't being clear. I already have several of the Redlink gateways and MRCH1 thermostats, etc... To say the UI on the thermostats and the total comofrt connect app leave much to be desired is an understatement.

With the new MHK2 option from Mitsubishi, I am thinking about replacing the MHK1's, but want to know if I do that will this plugin still be the link to the TCC service the way it is with the Redlink 2.0 devices like the MHK1's.

thx
              mike
              Ohhh what an interesting question. I did not even know there was an updated version out there. I did try to convert to Kumo Cloud via the wifi interfaces but could not integrate with Homeseer so I abandoned that idea. Do keep us posted if you make any headway.

Edit
              Actually looking at this link
              https://shop.rfwel.com/kumo-touch-mh...xoCvM8QAvD_BwE
              My interpretation of this is It would seem this does integrate with Kumo Cloud. This plugin will not work as Kumo cloud is a completely different service than TCC redlink. By all means I am no expert.

That said Kumo does have an API I just dont know how to program such things. On the bright side there is far better control via kumo that the limited TCC API.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by mystic860 View Post

Ohhh what an interesting question. I did not even know there was an updated version out there. I did try to convert to Kumo Cloud via the wifi interfaces but could not integrate with Homeseer so I abandoned that idea. Do keep us posted if you make any headway.

Edit
                Actually looking at this link
                https://shop.rfwel.com/kumo-touch-mh...xoCvM8QAvD_BwE
                My interpretation of this is It would seem this does integrate with Kumo Cloud. This plugin will not work as Kumo cloud is a completely different service than TCC redlink. By all means I am no expert.

That said Kumo does have an API I just dont know how to program such things. On the bright side there is far better control via kumo that the limited TCC API.

Ken

Yes, exactly. the MHK1's have been deprecated by Mitsubishi, and all new installs use the MHK2, which I think uses the Kumo Backend. At least the WiFi interface to the indoor units looks exactly like the Kumo unit. Indeed all the newer Honeywell thermostats look like they use a new interface. Not sure if it's the same as the Kumo cloud, but they do support an IFTTT interface, which is sort of a a hack.

Looks like without additional work, Homeseer will not able able to talk to these new classes of thermostats.

Shill, are you looking at the new API?

Comment

I haven't to this point. It would be an entirely different plugin though, since authentication and all the APIs are different and would require updates at different frequencies. And for now all my work is focused on HS4 conversions...

Comment

Shill, it looks like the redlink 3.0 stats like the MHK2 and Honeywell T10 are supported by the same API (more or less) that the Lyric uses. See this story from a home assistant forum: https://community.home-assistant.io/...g-in-ha/159532

You are also the author of the plugin for that thermostat as well right? Doe you have support for the Honeywell T10? Because if you do, the MHk2's probably work too.

thanks,
                    mike

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post
                      Shill, it looks like the redlink 3.0 stats like the MHK2 and Honeywell T10 are supported by the same API (more or less) that the Lyric uses. See this story from a home assistant forum: https://community.home-assistant.io/...g-in-ha/159532

You are also the author of the plugin for that thermostat as well right? Doe you have support for the Honeywell T10? Because if you do, the MHk2's probably work too.

thanks,
                      mike
                      That thread definitely makes it sound like if you have a T10 it is a "Lyric" thermostat, so the real question will be "which account management interface does it use"? If you log in to the TCC to manage it, then you won't have a "Lyric" account, so that plugin won't work. If you use the "Honeywell Home" app, then I suspect you could just try out the Lyric plugin and see what shows up in the list after you connect it!

Comment

Hey EVeryone, Just got a Central AC put in using Several Thermostats on KUMO Cloud, has any updates been made to get these into Homeseer?!

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
                          Hey EVeryone, Just got a Central AC put in using Several Thermostats on KUMO Cloud, has any updates been made to get these into Homeseer?!
                          What kind of thermostats are they? MHK2? Do you have the WF-1 or WF-2 kumo wireless adapter?

Comment

Hey So the thermostats are
                            MRCH2
                            The Kumo adapter is pac-uswhs002-wf-2
                            fred

Comment

Anyone figure how to get this working with HomeSeer??

Comment

Working...
                              X