Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbabkirk
    replied
    Finally got around to capturing trace logs with errors that cause the STATUS to switch between SUCCESS and FAILURE.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    Finally got around to loading this version. Will see if I can pull a new trace to try to catch it. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Unfortunately the logs aren't helping, as this appears a bit deeper in the web components than in my code, but I've added some wrapping and logging to this version that might help me narrow it down. Afraid I'll need a fresh trace log if you can catch it in the act again to make use of it, though...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    There are two events. One on 11/25 about 21:22pm. The other on 11/26 about 13:22pm

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    Originally posted by shill View Post
    If you capture those errors with trace logging turned on, please send them to me so I can look into why it's happening.
    I am including a trace file and a PDF that has the sys info.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    If you capture those errors with trace logging turned on, please send them to me so I can look into why it's happening.

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post

I will give that a try and get back to you. Thanks.
    Hello,

I had two instances today captured here...

11/24/2020 16:37:18.990 Info [------] PluginLogic.InitIO Running on Windows Version 6.2.9200
    11/25/2020 04:22:03.365 Error [5005471] HWConnection.GetData Error retrieving data: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.HWConnection.PerformRequest(String strMethod, RequestParameters& objParms)
    at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.HWConnection.GetData(String strDeviceID, ThermostatData& objCurrentData)
    11/25/2020 04:22:03.378 Error [5005471] ThermostatCommand.ProcessUpdateResults Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry

11/25/2020 15:21:56.583 Error [5005471] HWConnection.GetData Error retrieving data: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.HWConnection.PerformRequest(String strMethod, RequestParameters& objParms)
    at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.HWConnection.GetData(String strDeviceID, ThermostatData& objCurrentData)
    11/25/2020 15:21:56.587 Error [5005471] ThermostatCommand.ProcessUpdateResults Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    Yes, there's a very detailed trace log (see the sticky "having problems?") that should give us a good idea what's happening.
    I will give that a try and get back to you. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Yes, there's a very detailed trace log (see the sticky "having problems?") that should give us a good idea what's happening.

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied

The root device used to report connected/disconnected, but because for both HSMobile and HS4 we're not supposed to have status or controls on the root device, and because I NEVER saw anything other than "connected", I dropped that feature a while back. The "Status" device should report failure if any command doesn't succeed.

Hello,

I seem to be getting a rash of Status conditions recently. The status will change with a value of 2 and report "Failed". Sometime later (sometimes less than a minute and sometimes several hours) it will report "Success". Usually this happens with no action on my part and can happen overnight or during the day. What should I be looking for as a cause for it to report "Failed"? Since this is just monitoring, it does not affect the operation of my heat pump. Is there a logging mode I can turn on that might offer more context?

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    Thanks for the context. It usually recovers fairly quickly.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    That the last command received an error reply from Honeywell's servers.

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    When the STATUS device reports "Success" or "Failure", what is it checking and what does a status of Failure indicate?

Leave a comment:

• cbabkirk
    replied
    I tried turning off my gateway but none of the existing status devices changed in any way. I was hoping that one of those would detect a com error. I did get an email from Total Connect that an attempted change could not be completed. So adding a new device for "communication status" would be much appreciated. Not urgent.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    I'll have to add a separate device to expose that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X