Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RTH8580WF keeps going to Temporary Hold mode (by itself)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTH8580WF keeps going to Temporary Hold mode (by itself)

I have three RTH8580WF units. They have worked fine for the past 3-ish years. However in the past 2-ish weeks all 3 of them keep moving to “Temporary Hold” on their own, which I then have to cancel to get it back on the program. Was there a software update? Anyone else seeing this? To try to remedy, I made a small change to the programming schedule of each one and submitted, but that had no impact.

I haven't released an update to this plugin since February, so unless HW changed how they report status, the only other explanation would be that someone is physically adjusting the thermostat in your house...

Comment

Thanks Shill. It really isn't someone else, as just my wife and I here, the units are on 3 different levels, and it seems to happen 2X day. I'm going to start keeping a log and see if that leads me to any conclusions. I know if someone told me that their units were moving to Temporary Hold, I'd say it is because SOMEONE is moving them . . .

Comment

OK, I got on a chat with Honeywell. They said my account was enrolled in an "Energy Saving Program" . I looked in my online account, and I see the "Energy Study" under "Subscribed Applications" on the My Account page. I have now unsubscribed, and hope that will solve. Just wanted to post in case anyone else sees this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by momo2000 View Post
          OK, I got on a chat with Honeywell. They said my account was enrolled in an "Energy Saving Program" . I looked in my online account, and I see the "Energy Study" under "Subscribed Applications" on the My Account page. I have now unsubscribed, and hope that will solve. Just wanted to post in case anyone else sees this issue.
          Thanks for the update - glad you solved the mystery!

Comment

Working...
          X