Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell Web API

shill
    I'm trying to find some additional documentation on the Honeywell web api used by this plugin - I was hoping you could point me in the right direction. Are there particular web sites that you know of that have the full documentation?

I've found a honeywell developer web site (developer.honeywell.com), but that seems to only have the documentation for an "updated" API that doesn't work with the Honeywell redlink line of thermostats - your plugin does, so I figured you may be able to help.

I reverse engineered the protocol myself since Honeywell refused to grant me access to the closely guarded secret API that only big companies are allowed to use.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      I reverse engineered the protocol myself since Honeywell refused to grant me access to the closely guarded secret API that only big companies are allowed to use.
      Thanks for the response. I'm really trying to figure out just two things:
      1. How to Device IDs for all my thermostats. I think I need to use "https://www.mytotalconnectcomfort.com/portal/Location/GetLocationListData" - but I don't seem to get back the right data - I assume there may be some query parameters I have to add on to this, but I can't figure that out. If I'm on the right path (and you have any hints), that would be greatly appreciated
      2. If it is possible to query TCC for multiple thermostats at once (to avoid getting blocked due to too many queries). Do you know if this is possible?

any guidance is appreciated.
      Thanks.
      JVM

Comment

jvm - did you ever figure out how to query the API? I can't seem to login at all programmatically. any help appreciated.

Comment

To login programmatically you'll have to do all the work I did to write the plugin to reverse engineer the whole process, cookies, form fields, headers, etc.

Comment

Do you want have any of it up on GitHub to give me a little head start? Happy to reverse engineer it but always very happy to get a head start. I’m davemen at hotmail.com . Thanks for the response shill!

Comment

Sorry, but for me this is a commercial product... happy to give some pointers and hints, but it's not open source!

Comment

Working...
              X