Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sporadic issues : "Login failed for an unknown reason - text not found"

Hi

I have issues with the plugin where at least twice a week and it could last for hours I receive the following message in the log file every time it retries :

12-23-2020 07:03:18 Legacy-Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [1316212]Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
    12-23-2020 07:03:18 Legacy-Plugin Honeywell WiFi Thermostat [1316212]Error retrieving data: Web request failed: Le serveur distant a retourné une erreur : (401) Non autorisé. (401)

When those errors occurs, SOMETIMES if i try to connect with the totalcomfort app, it does not works and I don't have access to my thermostat so I am guessing it is a server issue BUT some other times I can connect with the app it is the case this morning so I know honeywell servers are not down

This morning I took time to open the trace and send the results as the problem occurs much more often then it used to

Thanks for the help with this issue

Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.10.0 (Windows)
    Antivirus=Windows Defender
    OS=Microsoft Windows 10
    OS Version=10.0.19041
    Honeywell WiFi Thermostat 1.4.2.2

Attached Files

Bump ...

I posted this 2 monts ago and no reactions so I guess I am an isolated case, the problem still apperas at least 3-4 times a week, now I stop the plugin for few houras, start back then it work for a while but eventually it stops again

help please

Comment

Sorry - I'm sure the notification email about this post got missed during the Christmas break!

Unfortunately, there's very little I can do about this because Honeywell doesn't provide an actual API. That means I have to "pretend" to be a web browser in the plugin code and submit the login request, and as you've seen on the app (or maybe even the website), it happens in the wild from time to time. And the fact you see it work in the app doesn't really have any correlation with whether any other request might (or might not) succeed.

I'm about to work on a "re-write"-ish as I prepare for supporting both an HS3 and an HS4 version, so if I can find any other/better way to deal with this I will, but as has always been the case with this plugin, it's at the mercy of Honeywell's website behavior, which is not how these things should really be done - it's just the only real option.

Comment

Thanks for this, I completely understand the pitfall, I was wondering if I was the only one with this issue since I have not seeen any other post with the exact same issue.

Comment

Wouldn't mind an update on this issue, since I believe I am suffering these symptoms also...

See attached HS v3 log with debug mode selected.

Any help welcome

Andrew
          Attached Files

Comment

I've only got 3 open issues right now, so getting close to releasing the new version.

Comment

Working...
            X