Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Version 3.1 posted; IMPORTANT UPDATE ON CHANGES!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Version 3.1 posted; IMPORTANT UPDATE ON CHANGES!

I have just uploaded version 3.1 to the updater as Beta.

This is a significant refactoring of the code to allow me to support both an HS3 and an HS4 version from roughly the same codebase.

For users of earlier versions, there are a few notable changes in this version of the plugin to improve the ability to support both HS3 and HS4 (there’s no charge to upgrade to the HS4 release when it becomes available) and to improve the user experience. Unfortunately, some of these changes may mean some work is required in events or scripts that reference these devices.
    1. There will always be two setpoint devices (heat and cool) regardless of whether or not you have enabled “Simulated Auto” mode. This won't affect you if you already have both setpoint devices.
    2. All Event Actions have been removed; control of the thermostat is now consolidated in the normal “Control a Device” action as it would be for any other Homeseer device. This won't affect you if you've used this approach in your events already.

I apologize in advance, but hope the impacts are minimal.

Originally posted by shill View Post
    All Event Actions have been removed; control of the thermostat is now consolidated in the normal “Control a Device” action as it would be for any other Homeseer device. This won't affect you if you've used this approach in your events already.
    I just upgraded to the beta and am trying to understand this statement.

I still see the Event Actions (like Honeywell WiFi Thermostat: Change System Mode, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat: Change Fan Mode). Are you saying I should update my events to use Control a Device and then "Hallway-Thermostat-System Mode" instead? As is, the Event Actions still seem to be working.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-07-16_16-26-27.png Views:	0 Size:	49.3 KB ID:	1557544

Comment

I'm baffled that they're still there but yes, changing to "control a device" is exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you for the useful examples!

Comment

All of my events are still working using the (old) event actions. I'll start converting them to their corresponding control-a-device actions in case they do eventually disappear.

And ha! Apparently back in March you warned me the old event actions were going to be deprecated:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...05#post1530905

I said I was going to convert to control-a-device actions but apparently never did.

Comment

In case this helps anyone else who needs to "convert" from the event actions to device actions:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-07-17_15-55-24.png
Views:	129
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1557732

Comment

Upgraded the plugin, but getting " Plugin start is pending". what should I do?

I tried:
            rebooting
            reinstalling
            removing and downloading again

any help appreciated.

Comment

Please see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...0-doesn-t-load

I assume this means you're on HS4 and need to install 4.1.2.0 instead, which was slower to show up in the updater for some reason.

Comment

Upgrading to 4.1.2.0 fixed the "not starting" issue, but now there's the license code issue that you're aware of.

Also, noticed the buttons in the 4.1.2.0 version of the plug-in are purple instead of blue. Was that an intentional change?

Comment

Upgraded to 4.1.2.0, everything works, but the temperature display for the cool/heat set points is 72$%0$. value is correct, but the units are not.

Comment

Yeah, I reported that here: 4.1.2.0 - temp formatting issues - HomeSeer Message Board

Comment

Working...
                    X