INFO: Plugin start is pending for thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INFO: Plugin start is pending for thermostat

I just installed the app and I can't get any documentation to tell me how to set it up. The thermostat is loaded but am not able to control anything.

Here's a link to the documentation: http://192.168.1.15/skWare/WiFiTherm...er%20Guide.pdf

I assume you activated the plug-in after you installed it? And did you go into the Configuration to add your Honeywell TCC account? On the HS plug-ins page, click the More button on the plug-in and go to Configuration.

Comment

Can you provide some more information on where you're stuck?

As far as documentation, do you mean you can't find it? It's not showing up when you click on it? Or you've read it and it doesn't help?

What steps have you completed? What isn't working?

I also need all the other information that you can provide from the sticky post about "start here first" - HS version, plugin version, etc.

Comment

The url for the documentation doesn't work. On the plugin when I click the document it goes to an error 404 page. The plugin states that 3 thermostats are not ready. I can't control and the master non of the function buttons are viewable. The version is the beta 3.1 03. I did log into total comfort to confirm the password is correct. I cant control any of the thermostat's.

Comment

Error Loading Page

One or more errors occurred.

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWResponse..ctor(HttpRes ponseMessage objResponse) at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWConnection.VB$StateMac hine_21_APIRequest.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWConnection.VB$StateMac hine_25_UpdateLocations.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.PluginThermostatsPage.postBackProc (String strPageName, String strData, String strUser, Int32 intRights) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWResponse..ctor(HttpRes ponseMessage objResponse) at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWConnection.VB$StateMac hine_21_APIRequest.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWConnection.VB$StateMac hine_25_UpdateLocations.MoveNext()<---

Comment

Ah, I'm still running 1.4.2.2, have not tried the 3.1 beta yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcqx56 View Post
              The url for the documentation doesn't work. On the plugin when I click the document it goes to an error 404 page. The plugin states that 3 thermostats are not ready. I can't control and the master non of the function buttons are viewable. The version is the beta 3.1 03. I did log into total comfort to confirm the password is correct. I cant control any of the thermostat's.
              For starters, that link was specific to windracer's system (192.168.1.15), so yours would be different. (Apologies if that's over-explaining something obvious!)

The URL is not different between 1.X and 3.X, though, so it should be relatively the same (everything after the .15 IP address). But better to just use the Plugins > Honeywell WiFi Thermostat > Documentation link.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcqx56 View Post
                Error Loading Page

One or more errors occurred.

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWResponse..ctor(HttpRes ponseMessage objResponse) at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWConnection.VB$StateMac hine_21_APIRequest.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWConnection.VB$StateMac hine_25_UpdateLocations.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.PluginThermostatsPage.postBackProc (String strPageName, String strData, String strUser, Int32 intRights) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWResponse..ctor(HttpRes ponseMessage objResponse) at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWConnection.VB$StateMac hine_21_APIRequest.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at skWare.HomeSeer.WiFiThermostat.Core.HWConnection.VB$StateMac hine_25_UpdateLocations.MoveNext()<---
                I'll be happy to provide some more assistance once you've reviewed Having Problems? Follow these steps first. and can provide the rest of the content requested for support. All I can tell from that snippet is that I tried to get the list of Locations on the Thermostats Page and it failed for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                  For starters, that link was specific to windracer's system (192.168.1.15), so yours would be different. (Apologies if that's over-explaining something obvious!)
                  Ah geez, sorry! Didn't even notice that.

Comment

Can anyone tell me the benefit of having the Honeywell Thermostat Plugin (which I can't get it to work) vs, the totalcomfort app on my phone which works flawlessly?

Do all plugins come with a with a 30 day trial period because after just a few days of trying to get this to work and nothing happens, this is too complicated and I'm not geeing any benefit of having it unless I'm missing something. I can't fine any documentation on setting it up anywhere.

Comment

Well... The plugin lets you control it from Homeseer, so if that's important to you, you'll probably want to work with me to get it set up. But we've told you about the documentation and I've asked for log files so I can help - you have installed a beta version, so it's entirely possible you've found a bug I need to fix, but just saying "it's too complicated" isn't going to help me help you too much!

Comment

The document isn't where you say it is. Is there a trial basis with this?

Comment

• HS Version - HS4 STANDARD 4.0.4.1 BETA
                          • Plugin version - 3.1.0.3
                          • Description of the problem - THE MASTER HAS NO DATA. None of the thermostat buttons work when clicking on them. I see them in Hs but nothing works when you click on it.
                          • HS3 Server OS - widows 11
                          • Thermostat model - RTH9585WF
                          • Log file
                          • Data dump (if your thermostat has updated at least once)

Comment

The log file is the number 1 thing I need. With trace turned on.

Comment

Alternatively, did you try installing the generally available version instead of the beta? If you do, be sure to delete all the devices related to the plugin and the configuration file in the HS\config directory.

Comment

Working...
                              X