This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.1.2.0 - temp formatting issues

When the 3.1.4.0 beta was first released, I reported the extra degree symbol in the temperature value: Extra degree symbol in Outside Temp (3.1.0.4 beta) - HomeSeer Message Board

Now, after upgrading to 4.1.2.0, I'm seeing strange formatting in the setpoint fields, and NO values at all in the indoor/outdoor temp fields:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	171
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1575850

Oddly, the value DOES appear on the feature page, so another formatting/display issue?

Views:	168
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1575863
    Seemingly related error in the log:

Error while getting feature 269 : A status graphic with that value set already exists

Comment

Yes, I saw that issue on my own system yesterday when I upgraded my production server - that didn't show up on my HS3 Windows, HS4 Windows, or HS4 Linux virtual machines. I'll work on it!

Comment

My log keeps getting spammed every few mintutes with "Error while getting feature 269 : A status graphic with that value set already exists." Weird that it's only showing up for the indoor temp and not any of the other temps.

Comment

I found the problem and have a fix, but rather than rush that out, I'm going to wait until I hear more from HS on the licensing side. One thing that will help you in the short term is to open your indoor temp and outdoor temp features, go to status/graphics, and remove the graphic entry for "-1".

Comment

I tried removing the -1 graphic entry, but it looks like those four values aren't being updated:

Views:	151
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1575975

I'll just wait for the official fix, thanks!

Comment

I have e-mail alerts set up for errors in the HS log but had to turn them off because I keep getting spammed:

Views:	130
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	1576251

Willing to beta test a fix. :-)​

Comment

Getting rid of the -1 status and graphic entries will stop that spam...

Comment

I did get rid of that ...

Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1576269
                  Is there someone else it needs to be removed?

Comment

I haven't gotten any feedback at all from HS on the licensing issue, so I just pushed 4.1.3.0 out as beta - it should address this.

Comment

Sorry to be a pest, but still getting the error in my log with the beta (and the temp values still don't show, not sure if that was supposed to be fixed in that beta release or just the log message).

Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	1576505

Comment

That's not pestering, that's helping That's what beta's are for! Give me an hour or so...

Comment

I upgraded to current beta and all looks good...except I notice the degree and fahrenheit symbol suffix is missing from my TSTAT heat setpoint devices. I tried to add them but they wont stick. Of course no biggie right now

Comment

Ack, just realized (not sure how it took me this long) that the lack of values in the indoor/outdoor temp files is breaking the Homeseer plugin for Homebridge as well since it's expecting a numeric value there.

Comment

Originally posted by windracer View Post
                              Sorry to be a pest, but still getting the error in my log with the beta (and the temp values still don't show, not sure if that was supposed to be fixed in that beta release or just the log message).

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	214.6 KB ID:	1576505
                              Can you PM me your log file in Trace mode? Set the log level to trace, clear the log file, stop the plugin, then start it up again and wait 5-10 minutes (long enough for 2 update cycles), then download it and send it in a PM or via email? All my test scenarios are working properly; 1.4 > 4.X, 3.X beta > 4.X, fresh install, Windows, Linux, etc. as well as my home/production system so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Also, you'll also need to delete the N/A entry for 0 - the issue is there's a range that covers 0 AND an entry specifically for 0. Homeseer shouldn't allow that, but apparently if you get it in that state it causes HS to barf when my plugin asks it to retrieve the device. (Please grab the log file before doing this in case it fixes the problem; I want to put some more defensive logic in the plugin for future cases!)

EDIT: Please review your log file and do not send it until you've removed your password! I found a bug in my logging that is supposed to suppress that!!

Comment

Working...
                              X