Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exception while setting up thermostat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Exception while setting up thermostat

    I am getting an exception while setting up my TH8321WF thermostat. Log is attached.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-15 110904.png Views:	31 Size:	102.6 KB ID:	1575874
    HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.zip


    J.Hopple

    #2
    Looks like your attachment didn't work. Mind trying that again? Also, have you tried just restarting the plugin? There are other reports of issues in the first run of the plugin that a restart corrects.

    Comment


      #3
      I have tried restarting the plugin and HS.

      Let's try this again...

      HSPI_SKWARE_HW_WIFI_TSTAT.zip
      Last edited by shill; November 15, 2022, 01:26 PM. Reason: Removed attachment after downloading.

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks - that has exactly what I need in it to test and recreate your scenario!

        Comment


          #5
          Just updated to 4.1.3.0 and it does not seem to resolve my issue. Should it?

          Thanks.

          Comment


            #6
            No, this one just had the fix I already had for the VSP/VGP issue. Working on yours now.

            Comment


              #7
              I just noticed another problem in your log file where it seemed to have the same root device twice. Can you check your INI file for the plugin and let me know what it says for RootDevices?

              Comment


                #8
                Contents are below... ( I crossed out anything that looked unique)

                [Internal]
                URL=https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/
                MaxWebClientWait=1000
                LoginTimeoutMinutes=15
                RootDevices=2908,2910,2908,2910
                Version=4.1.3.0
                Locations=[{"locationID":XXXXXX,"name":"Home","devices":[{"DeviceID":"XXXXXXX","Name":"THERMOSTAT"}]}]
                [Debug]
                SimulateData=False
                DataFile=HoneywellJSON.txt
                [Options]
                TermsAccepted=True
                AuthState=3
                UserName=XXXXXXXXXXXXX
                Password=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                PollInterval=300
                UpdateFrequency=30
                LogLevelHS=4
                LogLevelFile=4
                SimulateAuto=False
                SimulateCirculate=False
                CirculateWait=20
                CirculateRun=10
                ‚Äč

                Comment


                  #9
                  With the plugin stopped, can you edit that file and remove the two extra copies of the root device line? The same numbers are there twice. I've coded a fix for that but this will be a quicker test to see if that's all I need to cover...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    After editing the file I am still getting the same error.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-19 182059.png
Views:	15
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	1576585

                    Comment


                      #11
                      ok. I found the problem. I had installed a previous version in April. I think it was the HS3 version. I had noticed the root devices had status dates that were around that time. On a hunch I disabled the plugin and deleted the root devices and restarted the plugin. It started correctly now. Maybe some compatibility issue between the different versions.

                      I don't remember why I uninstalled the previous version.

                      Sorry for the confusion. If I have any other problems I will let you know.

                      Thanks.


                      Comment


                        #12
                        Sorry about the trouble - hope it's smooth sailing from here on out!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X