Plug-In Access To Battery Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-In Access To Battery Status

I have been using your plug-in for some time (successfully) with the MHK1 set. Recently we woke in the morning to notice that the temps were about 65' instead of the usual 71'. I found the display blank on the t-stat. After checking around to see what else might be wrong, I noticed in small letters on the t-stat display that the battery needed to be replaced. The MIHK1 controller was no longer connected to the remote t-stat. Once I replaced the two AA batteries, the display lit up and the system was now taking cmds from the t-stat again. Does your plug-in potentially have access to the battery status? Or might there be another device (Ops status/mode or System status/mode that I could use to flag the loss of com issue due to battery failure?

If you can get me the JSON data (Settings > Debug, then look on the Plugins > Wifi Thermostat > Debug page) while it's in that state, I can tell you if there's anything in there that you (or I) might be able to use to figure out that condition.

Comment

The next warm day when I can pull the battery out and put it into an offline state, I'll run the debug. Thanks.

Comment

The plug-in name under PlugIns is "Honeywell WiFi Thermostat". Are we on the same page about this plugin? Where am I looking for "Settings > Debug"?

In the Plugin configuration there is Logging Options > Homeseer Logging Level & PlugIn Log Message Level. I do not see Debug Page.

Comment

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
          The plug-in name under PlugIns is "Honeywell WiFi Thermostat". Are we on the same page about this plugin? Where am I looking for "Settings > Debug"?

In the Plugin configuration there is Logging Options > Homeseer Logging Level & PlugIn Log Message Level. I do not see Debug Page.
          You're running an older version of the plugin, then, I guess.

Comment

I am running HS3 and a licensed version 3.2.1.3. Is there a newer version I need to upgrade to? The PlugIn Mgr does not indicate a newer version available on the updater.

Comment

My bad, didn't pay attention to which forum this was in. In that case the json data can be found on the device settings page on the Honeywell wifi thermostat tab.

Comment

Are you referring to the Configuration > Options tab and the Logging Options tables?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	72
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1600768

Comment

No, I'm referring to the "Honeywell WiFi Thermostat" tab on the Device Settings page.

Views:	80
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1600770

Comment

My root device does not have that tab....is this on some other t-stat device?

Views:	76
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1600786

Comment

That's weird/interesting... It has to do with the "Interface" value; I'll have to look at that code and see why it doesn't match. That all changed slightly when I moved to my new combined HS3/HS4 architecture and the ID had to lose any spaces since it's used in the URL for HS4 web pages automatically. It was supposed to be updated when you moved to a 3.X version of the plugin, and what's there looks right, but I'll need to double check.

Comment

I do have HS4 running on another computer as I decide whether I can switch over to HS4 for all of my plugins. Not all of my HS3 plugins are available on HS4 due to stop of support by the developer. Everything here is about HS3.

I expect I could load the HS4 version of your plugin on the beta HS4 machine and see if this function is available there.

This problem with not knowing that the battery is low and that my system night not be under control of the t-stat anymore falls into the important but not urgent category. The new batteries will probably be good for another 2-3 years and the summer months are upon us. Even when I turned the logs setting that are available in the current HS3 plugin configuration tab to DEBUG and had removed the batteries, I did not see any messages in the logs that suggested that communication had been lost.

Thanks for your patience and persistence with trying to resolve this for me. -Cliff

Comment

You could probably also grab the JSON data I need from the log (or just share it with me and I'll look at it). There are two fields that I'm curious about, one labelled "communicationLost" and "alerts". In my experience, the former is always "true" and the latter is always empty, but then again I don't use it in the plugin so I may not have seen the kinds of things you're seeing, especially since I use native WiFi thermostats, not the MHK1 bridge.

Comment

Would I get this data for you in logs by using the Config page and HS logging & Plugin logging options set to DEBUG or TRACE? I expect you would want me to start the log when all is okay and then pull the battery pack out and keep the log going for maybe 5 mins and then reinsert the battery and log for another 5 mins or so??

Comment

Yep, using TRACE, please

Comment

Working...
                              X