Use with HSTouch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use with HSTouch?

Apologies if this was covered elsewhere but a search did not yield an answer.

Plugin installed and registered thermostat simply and without issue on HS3. All thermostat attributes display correctly on web interface. I presumed the HSTouch Designer would see the thermostat as a device for, at a minimum, status tracking of temperature, but it does not. I did restart/refresh Designer after installing the plugin.

Am I missing something or is this functionality not there?

Thanks!

Because the HS documentation for the Thermostat API is sketchy at best, I have not yet been able to get it working that way. In addition, there are some things about how both my implementation of the plugin and the Honeywell system work that isn't quite in line with what I have been able to figure out.

This is still on my radar as something I want to do, but getting it to this point functionally was the primary focus.

Comment

Got it - thanks. Presumably it will be posted when support for HSTouch is implemented. Much appreciation for all of your hard work on this.

Comment

The thermostat API has been around for a long time and most if not all 3rd party plugins are using it so you may want to check again and make sure your not missing something. If you are having issues with the API then please post the issue so the developers know.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yeah, and it amazes me that there are so many yet I can't seem to figure out! I remember looking into it years so and reaching the same conclusion.

But like I said, my priority so far was to get it functional; this is next on my list to figure out.

Comment

The is no documentation on how to configure your thermostat devices to get picked up by hstouch. I spent hours trying to get mine to work and never could figure it out.

Rupp, I don't know of one 3rd party developer that has their thermostat plugin being picked up by hstouch. If you know of any, please let us know.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              The thermostat API has been around for a long time and most if not all 3rd party plugins are using it so you may want to check again and make sure your not missing something. If you are having issues with the API then please post the issue so the developers know.
              Searching for "HomeSeer Thermostat API" leads you to a page that isn't actually called out on the table of contents of the HS Help, and it, in turn, says "See the Device Type section of the scripting reference for details on how to create devices that represent thermostats, music systems, etc."

The Device Type section does in fact have some enums for what devices you can create, but there's really no verbiage to explain anything else beyond a list of "<type> = <number>". There are obviously values that are supposed to be used to represent different system modes, fan modes, etc. but they're not documented.

And if you have a thermostat with "auto" capability, how do you have to handle the setpoints? I see a subtype for setpoints, but what's the difference between heating_1 and furnace? And my preference was to only have 1 setpoint device, so I actually obfuscated the 2 distinct setpoints into 1 for those of us who don't have "auto" capability, but that doesn't seem to work with this setup...

So, for a start, those are the reasons I struggled a bit with this when I tried to implement it during beta.

Comment

Rupp saying "most if not all" is especially troublesome. First, how would he know that? Secondly, as you found, the thermostat api is not documented well enough to point you in the right direction. The sample plugin has a few of the settings, but it's not enough to show you how to configure the individual devices.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  Rupp saying "most if not all" is especially troublesome. First, how would he know that? Secondly, as you found, the thermostat api is not documented well enough to point you in the right direction. The sample plugin has a few of the settings, but it's not enough to show you how to configure the individual devices.

He's correct, though, that if I couldn't figure it out I probably should have asked and reported the lack of doc as an issue. I just hadn't made it a priority yet. Hopefully some better info will come out of this and I can get things going the way people want!

Comment

Now that Spud is working on a HS3 port for Imperihome, I would love to see the thermostat API implemented for your plug-in.
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I asked several time around the forums if anybody else had a thermostat that worked in HSTouch. Mine is interfaced to my ElkM1G via Ultrajones plugin. Using same plugin for HS2 and the thermostat shows up in HSTouch and works fine. It does not work on my setup with HS3 version of the ElkM1G plugin.

I just has not been a priority yet but I am slowly building some HSTouch screens for a few tablets and it would be nice to get the Thermostat to work correctly.

Does anybody else have a thermostat via UltraJones ElkM1G plugin that works? That may explain what this thread talks about that none or maybe a few third party plugins implement a Thermostat correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
                        I asked several time around the forums if anybody else had a thermostat that worked in HSTouch. Mine is interfaced to my ElkM1G via Ultrajones plugin. Using same plugin for HS2 and the thermostat shows up in HSTouch and works fine. It does not work on my setup with HS3 version of the ElkM1G plugin.

I just has not been a priority yet but I am slowly building some HSTouch screens for a few tablets and it would be nice to get the Thermostat to work correctly.

Does anybody else have a thermostat via UltraJones ElkM1G plugin that works? That may explain what this thread talks about that none or maybe a few third party plugins implement a Thermostat correctly.
                        I tried just about every type of device setting, following the sample plugin and comparing it to a zwave stat. Never could get it to work. I think if I had a day to devote, I could probably come up with a workable solution.

Rupp's comment that 'most if not all' is made with conjecture and he has no proof.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169727

Comment

For my purposes, the functionality of controlling my thermostats using HS3 is secondary to simply wanting to display the temps being read by my Honeywell thermostats on my HSTouch client devices. Before realizing the plugin wasn't HSTouch-ready I assumed it would be a simple way to integrate that status info without the need for additional equipment. If there is another way to go about that task (in a simple enough way for a non-programmer) I'm open to ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by redstripe View Post
                              For my purposes, the functionality of controlling my thermostats using HS3 is secondary to simply wanting to display the temps being read by my Honeywell thermostats on my HSTouch client devices. Before realizing the plugin wasn't HSTouch-ready I assumed it would be a simple way to integrate that status info without the need for additional equipment. If there is another way to go about that task (in a simple enough way for a non-programmer) I'm open to ideas.
                              Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't you just view the "Current Temp" device in HS Touch? This is how I do it, and at this point, I just use the stock interface.

Comment

Working...
                              X