Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Required Steps for ARM Users (Pi, Zee S2, etc.) -- Deprecated as of version 1.2.2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by kf6dlq View Post
    Don't forget to put this in your instructions at the beginning of the post, before you start compiling mono.

sudo apt-get install libc6 libc6-dev or add it in the list after removing mono*
    Good catch - updated!

Leave a comment:

• kf6dlq
    replied
    Originally posted by shill View Post
    That's fantastic news! If you run into any other errors or complaints about missing libraries, please do let me know.
    Don't forget to put this in your instructions at the beginning of the post, before you start compiling mono.

sudo apt-get install libc6 libc6-dev or add it in the list after removing mono*

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Installed and working, along with your plug in! Buying now, Thank you for ALL your help!

Lyle
    That's fantastic news! If you run into any other errors or complaints about missing libraries, please do let me know.

Leave a comment:

• kf6dlq
    replied
    After.
    Installed and working, along with your plug in! Buying now, Thank you for ALL your help!

Lyle

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Ok, Will try that. Should I do this before I compile mono 3.12, or after or does it matter?
    After.

Leave a comment:

• kf6dlq
    replied
    That won't work, as it will require a lot of additional dependencies.

In addition to the steps above, to add Visual Basic support:

Code:
    cd /usr/local/src
    sudo wget -O mono-basic-3.8.tar.gz https://github.com/mono/mono-basic/archive/3.8.tar.gz 
    sudo tar -zvf mono-basic-3.8.tar.gz
    cd mono-basic-3.8
    sudo ./configure
    sudo make
    sudo make install
    Ok, Will try that. Should I do this before I compile mono 3.12, or after or does it matter?

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by srodgers View Post
    sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc
    That won't work, as it will require a lot of additional dependencies.

In addition to the steps above, to add Visual Basic support:

Code:
    cd /usr/local/src
    sudo wget -O mono-basic-3.8.tar.gz https://github.com/mono/mono-basic/archive/3.8.tar.gz 
    sudo tar -zvf mono-basic-3.8.tar.gz
    cd mono-basic-3.8
    sudo ./configure
    sudo make
    sudo make install

Leave a comment:

• kf6dlq
    replied
    What version of HS3 are you using?
    HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.280 (Linux) now.

Was trying 3.0.0.291 before the last restore to get my system backup.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by kf6dlq
    OK, thanks for all your help Shill.

Well, since I did a backup, and didn't mind doing a restore, I went ahead and tried v4.2.3.4 with a slight variation on how I installed it.

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF

echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list

echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy-apache24-compat main" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list

echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy-libjpeg62-compat main" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install mono-complete mono-dev

Your plug-in as well as HS3 is working. No weird issues with Events / Logs yet, but will keep my eye out, and, thank you for a great program!

UPDATE: Found a MAJOR error with events. All Triggers disappeared to all the events
    Restoring the PI2, and Homeseer, and try again tomorrow.
    What version of HS3 are you using?

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Seems like the mono source doesn't include the visual basic compiler. Looking into that now.
    Last edited by shill; June 14, 2016, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• srodgers
    replied
    sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc
    Last edited by srodgers; June 13, 2016, 10:02 PM. Reason: Wrong reply

Leave a comment:

• kf6dlq
    replied
    Well,

It finished pretty quick, in just about four hours, no major issues that I saw. Rebooted, and got the correct mono -V installed. However, Homeseer is NOT starting. When I manually type ./go to see the error, this is what it gives me..

homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2 /usr/local/HomeSeer $ ./go

Unhandled Exception:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
    homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2 /usr/local/HomeSeer $

Any Idea what is causing this?

Lyle

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Those sound like migration issues. The problems (at least historically) with mono 4 have been more systemic in nature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• srodgers
    replied
    That's interesting. I wonder if they did anything specific in one of the recent beta builds of HS3 to work better with Mono 4? These forums are littered with posts about people who've tried and had problem and had to revert, so it would be welcome news indeed if it's working properly now (seems many of the issues were with events?).
    Works fine after I fixed a few bugs in the Backup/Restore function. Just submitted bugzilla on them. Scripts did not get copied/restored over. I just copied them over manually.

Second problem is that the paths to scripts in the event that called scripts all has windows paths with forward slashes. Only had about 10 so I fixed those manually. Also submitted bugzilla on that. Backup process should export the .hsd file with paths relative to the HomeSeer folder instead of a hard absolute paths from Windows. Again pita but easy enough to fix. Everything else came over; devices, plugin settings, event etc and runs fine for the last couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by srodgers View Post
    Not so I just setup a new RPi3 this weekend and have mono 4.2.3.4.

I have HSPro3 .291 Windows and a Windows backup config and imported into a Linux RPi3 running HSPro3 .291 running 4.2.3.4 Mono. See my posting here explaining some problems with the import of backup data from Windows to Linux.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=231
    That's interesting. I wonder if they did anything specific in one of the recent beta builds of HS3 to work better with Mono 4? These forums are littered with posts about people who've tried and had problem and had to revert, so it would be welcome news indeed if it's working properly now (seems many of the issues were with events?).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X