Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell Plug-In Issues

Hi folks,

First, love the system. Running an HT-SEL-PRO and other than my thermostat issue I've had no problem getting my Leviton and Enerwave switches and dimmers working. Planning on getting my door lock (Kwikset) connected later on today so I can disconnect my Wave.

Here's what my problem is.

I was running the 30-day trial of HS3 on a Windows laptop. All my devices installed fine, including the Honeywell Plug-in and I got was getting good data. Then I received my HT-SEL-PRO and got it up and running. I deleted the devices off the HS3 software on my laptop then deleted the software.

At first the plug-in installed but when I attempted to access my thermostat is would never connect or pull the data. I've tried everything I can think of. I even deleted my MyTotalComfort account and redid that. I've deleted the device, deleted the plugin, reinstalled it to no avail.

Now, when I pull the list of add-ons, this is what I see for the Honeywell add-on...

Install Name Type Installed Available Cost Provider

The request timed out
    Unknown XXXXXXXX Unknown Unknown

And for additional fun, for some reason as I'm typing this the Interfaces and Add-Ons page keeps blanking, telling me it's refreshing, even though it doesn't refresh...

Anybody have any ideas? I'm stumped.

There are several things going on here:

1. The change from your Windows trial system to a Linux-based controller means not all the plugins you may have been looking at will work. For mine, it will (keep reading!), just a heads-up that you might run into other issues.

2. There are some known issues with the current debian stable version of mono. I do not know whether the SEL PRO is an ARM-based processor or an x64 processor, so you'll need to follow the instructions in one of these posts:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182158 for ARM (or x64 but takes longer)
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179494 for x64

In either case, I recommend you have a solid backup before starting.

3. My router died this morning, and so for about 30 minutes my network was offline. Based on the time of this post, seems like you hit that window, but all should be well now!

Comment

Thanks for the help. I've got an email in to HomeSeer asking what CPU is in my controller so I'll try your links as soon as they give me the info.

Comment

SOLVED

Just got around to trying what you posted and it worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by formerflyboy View Post
          Just got around to trying what you posted and it worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot!
          Great! Which processor was it, for my future reference?

Comment

Working...
          X