Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the Plugin

Originally posted by Amigo View Post
    Good morning, I would like to use this Plugin on Zee S2. From what i have read that is possible, I have some supplemental questions:

- I live in the US but the project will be in Canada, is there a restriction on redlink gateway connectivity? (The plugin order page says US residents only)
    - Will the plugin correctly show the values in degC if thermostat is set so?
    - Will the plugin allow some modification of installer parameters such lock/partial lock of thermostat buttons.

I plan to use:
    RedLINK VisionPRO — TH8110R1008 in non-programmable mode with auto heat/cool.

thx.
    As long as you can control your thermostat by logging in to https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/portal/, the plugin should work.

The plugin does support degC; it shows whatever the unit says to show.

The plugin talks only to the portal and has no direct interaction with the thermostat, so you can't specifically lock buttons. However, it does have a "min" and "max" setting so you can make sure the setpoint doesn't get changed outside your "allowed" bounds, and you can always add events that trigger based off "illegal" changes. For example, when my family goes on vacation, we have someone who house sits for us. He likes to crank the temperature down (which is why I added the min/max limits ) and then set it to a permanent hold. My system has an event so that if we're on vacation, anytime a permanent hold is detected, it removes it.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification,
      I was reading in some of the honeywell forums that if the thermostat is put in the vacation mode locally, then you can not reset/change it via the portal, have you seen this issue?
      I assume if this is true then in that case the plugin is also unable to have an affect.

I will be using the thermostats/plugin in schools that is why I asked if they could be partially locked remotely, so preventing the users from setting something that I can not undo remotely.

cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X