Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimSpy
    replied
    I appreciate your efforts, but I just couldn't get the event to trigger. So I had my daughter's boyfriend climb the ladder into the attic and hit the set button for me, linking the duct fan to the thermostat. That works terrific.

So I'm good for now. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Here's an example from my main system with the updated 3.0.7.1 from beta updater. Read these from bottom up. I have 2 events (see the different evRef values) with the condition checking. Notice that one ends up as false and one as true which then leads to the "speak" action.

Code:

Jun-19 4:22:02 PM         TTS    Speak ():Venstar temp increased and is equal or greater than cool setpoint   
      Jun-19 4:22:02 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Summer venstar temp up"   
      Jun-19 4:22:02 PM         Insteon Thermostat    TriggerTrue - tested is [75] >= ([75] + [0]) and result is True : TRIG/ACT-INFO: evRef=385 UID=3328 TANumber=1 SubTANumber=3 DataIn=True   
      Jun-19 4:22:02 PM         Insteon Thermostat    TriggerTrue - tested is [75] > ([75] + [1]) and result is False : TRIG/ACT-INFO: evRef=237 UID=617 TANumber=1 SubTANumber=3 DataIn=True   
      Jun-19 4:22:02 PM         Insteon Thermostat    VenstarT1800 Temp = 75

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    I pushed an updated beta 3.0.7.1 with that log statement and installed on my system so will watch for the debug line to confirm.

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Those events seem correct. Do you have debug logging turned on? If you do, in the log you should see the changes in the temp device come in. What I like to do is open the log in a new window and have it side by side with the home screen so I can see the device values and see the log change as the messages come in from the thermostat. You might start by testing just the trigger portion like:
    Code:
    If temp increases then speak "temp went up"
    If temp decreases then speak "temp went down"
    I assume you'll get those to work. Next you can test the condition portion. Again, I think what you have is correct.

I will push an updated 3.0.7.1 to the beta updater that will bring back a log statement in that condition section so you can get all the details on what it compared. Working on this now...

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• JimSpy
    replied
    Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
    Were you able to work through the error message you saw with Startup.vb ?
    Not completely, but I don't think it's you.

I have not had any luck with your plug-in, either, specifically the event to turn on/off the duct fan. It simply does not trigger.

Pls see attached png to ensure that I'm doing it properly.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Were you able to work through the error message you saw with Startup.vb ?

Leave a comment:

• JimSpy
    replied
    I have not touched startup.vb but thank you.

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Startup.vb is a HomeSeer startup script for the whole system. You can find it in your HS3\scripts directory. The Insteon Thermostat plugin doesn't do anything with this. I just went and double checked my main system where I used the beta updater to install Insteon Thermostat plugin 3.0.7.1 and the Startup.vb there looks to me like it should (small and nothing related to 3rd party plugins) and I don't get any errors when restarting HS3 nor the Insteon Thermostat plugin.

Do you have any other plugins or scripts that might have modified Startup.vb for some reason?

I did a google for "HomeSeer Startup.vb" and found this thread with one of jon00's plugins where a user was modifying Startup.vb and got it wrong leading to the error you saw.

https://forums.homeseer.com/printthr...&pp=20&page=67

Leave a comment:

• JimSpy
    replied
    Error in Startup

We are still in the testing phase, but I thought I should let you know, I'm getting a new error on startup:

Compiling script Startup.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Is this you, by chance?

==JJS==

Leave a comment:

• JimSpy
    replied
    Check the very bottom of the Beta updater for the new version I just pushed 3.0.7.1. There are a couple quirks with this new plugin delivery process HST is switching us to (probably just me learning the new way) but I was able to install this to my main HS3 system from the beta updater so think it should work ok for you. I had to disable my current Insteon Thermostat plugin then install the beta 3.0.7.1 update version. Usually in the past I haven't had to disable the current plugin first but FYI in case you need to also.

This new 3.0.7.1 includes the trigger for temp / external temp / humidity changes. It also includes a condition to compare either temp or external temp to the cool / heat setpoints. I use this in an event to detect that (trigger) the temp increased and (condition) is now greater than my cool setpoint (by +2 or +3 degrees) so I can now go kick off my attic fan for a few minutes to exhaust the hot air up and out of the house and pull the cool basement air up.

Hope this works for what you're looking to do also.

Nathan
    We shall soon find out. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Check the very bottom of the Beta updater for the new version I just pushed 3.0.7.1. There are a couple quirks with this new plugin delivery process HST is switching us to (probably just me learning the new way) but I was able to install this to my main HS3 system from the beta updater so think it should work ok for you. I had to disable my current Insteon Thermostat plugin then install the beta 3.0.7.1 update version. Usually in the past I haven't had to disable the current plugin first but FYI in case you need to also.

This new 3.0.7.1 includes the trigger for temp / external temp / humidity changes. It also includes a condition to compare either temp or external temp to the cool / heat setpoints. I use this in an event to detect that (trigger) the temp increased and (condition) is now greater than my cool setpoint (by +2 or +3 degrees) so I can now go kick off my attic fan for a few minutes to exhaust the hot air up and out of the house and pull the cool basement air up.

Hope this works for what you're looking to do also.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• JimSpy
    replied
    I'm not sure how many days you have left on the trial? My plan is to have this released by this weekend. HS3 is also changing how we submit plugins to the updater so I'm working through an issue with that as well.

Nathan
    I just started the trial last week, so that would be eminently satisfactory. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    I'm not sure how many days you have left on the trial? My plan is to have this released by this weekend. HS3 is also changing how we submit plugins to the updater so I'm working through an issue with that as well.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• JimSpy
    replied
    Do you contemplate having these improvements available before my trial runs out?

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    That's true. This can all be accomplished with scripting. I've been told to use a 2nd virtual device to store the "previous" temp and use it to compare to see when the temp increases. I prefer to use the triggers that I'm planning for the increases part.

You can also use Spud's EasyTrigger plugin ($29.99) to compare two device values after a trigger. I've played with that and it works but since I own the Insteon Thermostat plugin and am coding the triggers I decided to add the conditions too.

In the end, I think I'm trying to add to the Insteon Thermostat plugin the features you need to accomplish this without having to do scripting or buy other plugins. It's always good (and fun) to have those options though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X