No announcement yet.

communication errors

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    communication errors

    Lately I have been having trouble with the thermostat losing comms with the PLM. I have an event that polls the thermostat, mostly to check that the entire network is up and
    running. Lately that repeating event has been showing sporadic drops in comms with the thermostat. Yesterday I had this error:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	022619log.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	1288563

    I sent this same page to Mark, along with the Insteon error log and his reply " this error is related to my plugin trying to send msgs to the thermostat plugin. is the thermostat plugin still working? if not, you may need to restart the thermostat plugin

    Earlier yesterday, I restarted HS3, but that did not help.
    any comments would be most welcome

    Current Date/Time: 2/27/2019 2:51:55 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 4 Hours 29 Minutes 27 Seconds
    IP Address:
    Number of Devices: 207
    Number of Events: 172
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender AVG Antivirus

    Enabled Plug-Ins Arduino Plugin Blue-Iris Insteon Thermostat Insteon PHLocation Restart Sonos
    Attached Files

    I would use something like SysInternals Process Explorer to see if the HSPI_Insteon_Thermostat process has exited? I might be able to test this by forceably killing the process on my test machine and see if Marks' plugin responds the same, seems like it would. That wouldn't explain why your process might have exited though. You might also use the HS3 Plugins -> Manage and see what status is reported by the Insteon Thermostat plugin. Perhaps filter your logs for just Insteon and Insteon Thermostat and attach a larger log history?

    HS (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory


      I just restarted HS3, checked the startup file - all seems ok. Using plugins-manage, I polled the therm, got a good response, also with 'read links'. I'll monitor the log for any future drops. would setting log level to debug be of any help in pinpointing this?

      UPDATE:Thermostat comms have been functioning correctly for last 2 days. I guess the gremlins left the building. Thanks for getting back to me.
      Last edited by field888; March 3, 2019, 09:01 AM. Reason: UPDATE


        I am losing comms again with the thermostat. the log shows a command parameter that I didn't notice before: ...Heat to - (252) by/from CAPI Control Handler. I also noticed a designation in the device page setup after 'thermostats' that may or may not have always been there. Possibly totally irrelevant.
        The last successful poll was around 3:35PM, the logs entries are what followed. I don't understand what is going on. I tried a manual poll from the PI config page, but no response there either. Click image for larger version

Name:	thermostat errors 030419.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1290054 I'm thinking I should remove the PI and re-install, but probably will need some direction on the correct way to do it.
        thanks, Doug