Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting External Sensor Value from Homeseer

Hi,
    I am considering using the Insteon Thermostat plugin with Homeseer and wondered if I can set the external sensor value on the thermostat with a script? I would like to use my weather station temperature data.

The external sensor is a device wired to a supported thermostat like the 2441zth (Insteon wireless thermostat). It's not something you can set but rather a value you read from that hardware. Perhaps you are looking for something different that would feed your weather station temp info into HomeSeer? I'm sorry I don't have a recommendation for that but assume if you search the boards you can probably find something that will work?

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

I should have been more specific. I would like to generate 2441zth wireless thermostat Insteon messages with a script so that I can transmit and display my weather station outside temperature on the thermostat via the Insteon protocol. The weather station data is already transmitted to Homeseer via MQTT.

Comment

Never mind the Insteon thermostat is a huge step backwards as an actual thermostat. It seems like it has a very primitive control algorithm and no deadband adjustment . My 20 year old Honeywell is much more civilized with the set point than the Insteon.

Comment

Working...
        X