The given key was not present in the dictionary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The given key was not present in the dictionary

Hello, does anyone know what this error means?
    Insteon Thermostat Error InsteonRcv [ACK 6B 02 01 3D 6B 42 46 2C 8E 2F 6B 8C] The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    I get this error about 2 or 3 times almost every day.

I am using M. Sandler's insteon plugin and Insteon HUB for controlling insteon devices, in HS3

Thanks
    F

It sounds like you are receiving back a command (6B) reply maybe for a poll request but something in the answer isn't lining up with the devices you have defined. Is it possible you checked the "Humidistat" option but don't actually have it or vice versa, you have it but didn't check that option to create that device?

Mark's plugin is required so good you're using that. I'm also using an Insteon hub as my PLM died couple years ago now IIRC.

Have you turned up Debug logging to see what is being sent around that time? Any commands from you TO the thermostat? Or is this a case of a temp (or humidity) change being sent by the thermostat as it naturally is changing?

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
      It sounds like you are receiving back a command (6B) reply maybe for a poll request but something in the answer isn't lining up with the devices you have defined. Is it possible you checked the "Humidistat" option but don't actually have it or vice versa, you have it but didn't check that option to create that device?

Mark's plugin is required so good you're using that. I'm also using an Insteon hub as my PLM died couple years ago now IIRC.

Have you turned up Debug logging to see what is being sent around that time? Any commands from you TO the thermostat? Or is this a case of a temp (or humidity) change being sent by the thermostat as it naturally is changing?

Nathan
      Hello Nathan, you were right on the issue. I did have the "humidistat" checked. When I unchecked that option, the error has not happened for a day now. I have a pretty lame explanation as to why I had that checked. I confused the fact that Insteon Thermostat has a humidity read out in it and thus, was thinking this is a Humidistat. NOT!
      Thanks much for looking into this.

A separate question.
      I have another house where I was thinking to replace my RCS thermostats with Insteon. THe question i have are:
      - is there a limit to how many thermostats can be supported? I have at least 5 that I need to enable. Too much polling on Insteon network?
      - These thermostats run from a zone controller, this does not meter for your pluglin, right. They are supported as individual thermostats?
      - I am debating between HS3 and HS4. Any issue with HS4 in your plugin? I know Mark's plugin works ok in HS4

Thanks very much.

Felix

Comment

I'm glad disabling humidistat option stopped the error message. However, I am curious about what thermostat model you have? The Smarthome 2441th (wired) or 2441zth (wireless) both have the humidistat built in and so should have that option checked so that you get a virtual Humidity device that can reflect the value for humidity. Only the Venstar thermostat that I have didn't originally come with the humidistat but I was able to add an option board to it. Now, it's worth mentioning that if you have a wireless 2441zth with external 5v adaptor I've seen it send so many updates that I wouldn't be surprised by a few error messages. I have a whole thread here where I experimented with different 5v adaptors and found the apple 5v 1A square phone adaptor to be the best for that setup.

For your other questions: there isn't a defined limit on thermostats. The plugin will happily try to create as many as you define to it. However, as you guess, that will put more Insteon traffic on the insteon network. If you have a relatively new setup with several of the dual-mode devices (I think all Insteon switches are now right?) then this might not be an issue but only testing will tell for certain. See comments above about 2441zth wireless with 5v adaptor. I wish I had better advice or there was an Insteon network diagnostic tool to use but I'm not aware of such a thing. I would recommend doing detailed research on all thermostat options (hardware and Homeseer plugins) before replacing an existing setup.

I'm guessing your "zone controller" is connected to wired thermostats right? That wouldn't matter for the plugin no. Each thermostat is configured/connected to the Insteon Hub to relay Insteon commands and information.

Lastly, I haven't started work on an HS4 version of the plugin. I do have my own HS4 license (and dev license) but haven't had time to explore that new development. I will have some time over Christmas and New Years and may dig into it then.

Nathan

HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
          I'm glad disabling humidistat option stopped the error message. However, I am curious about what thermostat model you have? The Smarthome 2441th (wired) or 2441zth (wireless) both have the humidistat built in and so should have that option checked so that you get a virtual Humidity device that can reflect the value for humidity. Only the Venstar thermostat that I have didn't originally come with the humidistat but I was able to add an option board to it. Now, it's worth mentioning that if you have a wireless 2441zth with external 5v adaptor I've seen it send so many updates that I wouldn't be surprised by a few error messages. I have a whole thread here where I experimented with different 5v adaptors and found the apple 5v 1A square phone adaptor to be the best for that setup.

Nathan

Hi Nathan, my thermostat with Humidity Sensor, model #2441TH.
          Now that you mention it, the humidity value is not accurate. The plugin shows 36% while the tstat shows 27%.

I can re-enable the Humidity function to validate if the value is then reported correctly, But even now I recall it was reported correctly before.

Let me know if there is something I can do to test this out.
          Felix

PS, its been 3 days now and not a single error message. Magic fix.

Comment

Working...
          X