Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does 2441TH have internal schedule and can this PI update it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does 2441TH have internal schedule and can this PI update it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. My Insteon/HomeSeer using father purchased 2 of these thermostats w/o consulting me and I'm trying to help him set them up remotely. I've got them added to HS. My Dad was under the impression there was an internal schedule on these thermostats. Is that the case? If so, can this PI update that schedule? Is the internal schedule in use when in "Program" mode?

Thanks!
    HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

The Insteon thermostat 2441TH (noted from the other thread) does have a "program" capability internal to the thermostat. Unfortunately programming that is not possible via the plugin.

You can google "smarthome insteon 2441th manual" and come up with a few links including the quickstart and the full manual. Here' s the manual blurb on program mode: "Program allows you to set up the various preprogrammed modes (Wake, Leave, Return and Sleep). It also allows you to setup various features and calibrate the temperature and humidity."

So, using the manual you could walk him through programming different supported schedules and when those cause a change in setpoints and/or actual temp/humidity those should be reported back to the plugin and Homeseer.

Hope this helps.

HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X