Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2441TH devices not updating. Are polling events required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. One lingering question. What happens to the thermostat devices when a tstat calls for heat or cool? If the answer is, nothing, is it fair to say that the only way to tell if the heat or ac is currently running is via a plugin hvac device?
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

On the thermostat you'll see the temp changing leading to the call for heat/cool This can be a little deceptive in that the thermostat decides how often to report changes in temp and that usually requires a +/- 2 degree change. When a "call for heat" or a "call for cool" is actually sent, nothing specifically on the thermostat devices changes. only the the HVAC will show a change and start the counter for heat/cooling.
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
      Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
      http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Perfect. That confirms my assumptions, and that I will want to keep using a PI HVAC device so I can have access to that additional piece of information, whether or not the system is currently running.

Thank you for all your help!
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
        X