Insteon Thermostat and HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Thermostat and HS4

Now that I've solved my initial problems and questions with this PI, it now comes time to think about purchasing it. As you may recall from my other thread, this is for my parents' setup. Both they and I will be moving to HS4 eventually. Mark is working on a HS4 version of the Insteon plugin which I plan to use, and my parents will as well.

Will this PI be updated for HS4?

Does the HS3 version of this PI work fine in HS4?

Will the HS3 version of this PI work in HS4 with the HS4 version of Marks plugin?
    HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

The HS3 version of the plugin works with Mark's HS3 version both running under HS4. I confirmed that over Christmas break. Right now I don't have immediate plans to update this to a HS4 native plugin but that's not a firm decision one way or the other. RIght now I still use this as my home's primary thermostat and have a few of the 2441ZTH for monitoring temps elsewhere.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Thank you for your reply. So I guess the big question is, will your HS3 Insteon Thermostat plugin work with Mark's HS4 plugin?

We know Mark is working on it, and I plan to use it when it is done. We don't yet know if you'll update this to a native HS4 plugin and even if you did the odds of that getting done at the same time Mark gets done seems unlikely.

Hopefully the interface between your two plugins can remain unchanged and it won't matter. I just don't want to purchase this for my Dad if he won't be able to use it after the above planned changes.
      HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I don't know. I hear they changed the interface pattern between plugins but unclear what exactly that means. We can test it when his HS4 version comes out.
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

mnsandler , sorry to bother you over here, but any chance you could weigh in on this or is it too early to tell?

Comment

I'm not sure at this time. I'll need to check with HST and report backup
            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
            Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              I'm not sure at this time. I'll need to check with HST and report backup
              Please at least tell me you're not planning on sunsetting the HS3 version? I don't see any reason for me to purchase the HS4 upgrade....yet....

Jim Speiser
              35-year veteran of Home Automation
              Still don't know squat

Comment

Does anyone know if this Insteon Thermostat plugin was reasonably tested against Insteon Beta plugin version 7.36? Interestingly, when I look at Insteon Thermostat plugin config page it says version 7.1. No idea what this really means because I am running version 7.36 of Insteon Beta plugin.
                The reason I am asking is because I see communication problems between Thermostat plugin and Insteon Beta v7.36 which I did not see with Insteon released version 7.1
                I have posted my logs in a different thread of this forum, here
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...99#post1453199

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
                  I don't know. I hear they changed the interface pattern between plugins but unclear what exactly that means. We can test it when his HS4 version comes out.
                  Hello Nathan, can you please respond to my issues with your plugin. I am unable to use your plugin reliably (for the record, I purchased your plugin).

The questions:
                  - has your plugin been tested against beta version of msandler insteon plugin v7.36?
                  - can you please look at the logs I posted and explain to me why your plugin appears to be sending and receiving inconsistent data
                  - can you please help figure out why your plugin continuously retrieve incorrect temp value while Insteon hub APP (not using HS) gets correct data on the same insteon hub

I look forward to your early response.

Regards
                  Felix

Comment

Originally posted by chubafelix View Post
                    Does anyone know if this Insteon Thermostat plugin was reasonably tested against Insteon Beta plugin version 7.36?
                    The short answer is no. The HS3 version of the Insteon Thermostat Plugin has not been tested against newer beta versions of Marks Insteon plugin. If you have issues with the beta version of his latest plugin, perhaps you'll need to roll back to a previous stable version? Mark's plugins are usually very stable so I'm not sure what the issue might be but nothing has changed with this plugin nor is it likely to. There are no plans currently for an HS4 version of this plugin given Smarthome itself appears to have abandoned thermostats as a supported hardware platform.
                    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
                    X