X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Thermostat broke after HS4 upgrade

Linux Version: "Ubuntu" "14.04.1 LTS, Trusty Tahr"
    Mono 5.20.1.19

Hey folks, I just installed HS4 from HS3 Standard (SEL) Edition 3.0.0.551. After, I get the following error message from Insteon Thermostat version 3.0.7.1. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I have reverted back to HS3 and all is well with Insteon Thermostat version 3.0.7.1.

Legacy-Plugin

Insteon Thermostat Error
    RegisterWebPage [Insteon_Thermostat_Help] - Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    12/23/2021 7:23:52 PM
    Legacy-Plugin
    Insteon Thermostat Error
    RegisterWebPage [Insteon_Thermostat_Status] - Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    12/23/2021 7:23:52 PM
    Legacy-Plugin
    Insteon Thermostat Error
    RegisterWebPage [Insteon_Thermostat_Config] - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This plugin is an HS3 plugin that was known to work with Mark's Insteon HS3 plugin both running under HS4. There are no current plans to port this plugin to HS4. I wonder if perhaps you tried to use this with Mark's Insteon HS4 plugin version?
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Isn’t Mark’s Insteon HS4 still in development?

Comment

It is and I'm pretty sure you could install his HS4 Insteon plugin instead of his HS3 version. However looking closer at the errors you got, it would seems perhaps something has changed in HS4 maybe as those are up-front startup things the plugin does. I haven't had time to keep up with HS4 so I can't say I've tested this with current HS4 builds. This plugin is effectively end-of-life unless I can find someone who wishes to take it over and do the work to port it to HS4.

HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Maybe just a coincidence but the two issues I had post HS4 were thermostat related (Ecobee and Insteon Thermo). Any thoughts on a commonality (I posted Ecobee in the related posting area). Thanks

Comment

Not sure. The error you show "RegisterWebPage" is one of those startup items. I know this plugin and Mark's Insteon HS3 versions worked under HS4 a year ago but have not kept up with ongoing development on HS4. It's possible they changed something in HS4 that had a breaking effect on HS3 plugins?
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Just FYI, I was forced to drop my Insteon Thermostat plug-in (because the wife waited till I was gone for a day and replaced my thermostat with a Honeywell - long story...) Anyway, the Honeywell works directly through it's own server, called Total Home Comfort...and it works really, really well, especially with Alexa. I have virtually 100% reliability. The lesson for me is, not everything has to go through HomeSeer. (But I always look for a HomeSeer plugin first!)

Jim Speiser
              38-year veteran of Home Automation
              Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
              X