Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 "compatible" Insteon Thermostat plug-in is available for beta test!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's close -- you will NOT see the thermostat in the MNS Insteon plugin devices list -- the only indication in the MNS Insteon plugin would be to go to the Interface page -- under Network Details, you should something like "1 external device(s)" -- that's the thermostat. The HS4 Devices page WILL show the thermostat, and of course the log will show messages flowing to/from the two plugins.

For whatever reason, your device is not being recognized in the Insteon Thermostat plugin (the log messages are "unable to determine thermostat type, Insteon device category (devcat) is not set yet." -- I need to figure out why that is happening; I have both a wired and wireless thermo running here and they are working correctly....

Send model number when you have it; maybe there is some different model we're not handling correct... John

PS: just noticed in the logs that your thermostat is using "Protocol=1" -- in the Insteon Thermostat Config page, try checking the "Force Protocol = 2" checkbox for your thermostat. Don't forget to Save -- then go to HS4 Devices page, find the thermostat and click the "Polling" button. The Polling button will kick off messages to send messages to the Insteon plugin to fetch the mode, humidity, temp, and setpoints. Please send the log after trying this...

Comment

"PS: just noticed in the logs that your thermostat is using "Protocol=1" -- in the Insteon Thermostat Config page, try checking the "Force Protocol = 2" checkbox for your thermostat. Don't forget to Save -- then go to HS4 Devices page, find the thermostat and click the "Polling" button. The Polling button will kick off messages to send messages to the Insteon plugin to fetch the mode, humidity, temp, and setpoints. Please send the log after trying this..."

I did this, log attached. Therm model number later tonight.

Thanks,

George
      Attached Files

Comment

and as you suggested:

"Network Details

You have 3 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 1 external device(s), and 0 group(s)."

"Externally registered device: RF Thermostat (Insteon Address 39.3C.3D) registered through external plugin"

George

Comment

Log only has a single entry about a timeout -- try shutting down HS4 and restarting -- this will start everything back up in the correct sequence. John

Comment

I assume that you mean a power cycle which I will perform when I am back at home

George

Comment

HT Pro hub power cycled, still no joy on tstat control or reporting, log attached. Model 2732-242 heat pump compatible only.

George
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi George -- OK, the heatpump thermostats are significantly different from furnace/air-conditioner thermostats -- the model number will help greatly -- thanks! I will look at the code and see what kind of support I can come up with.

re: restarting -- a power cycle will certainly do it but what I really meant was to shut down the running HS4 instance and restart it (you can do this by right-clicking the icon in the task bar and selecting 'Close Window' or clicking the X on the UI) -- if you don't have RDP or direct access to your HT Pro, a power cycle is fine; just takes a bit longer. john

Comment

John - so far the Insteon thermostat plugin appears to be working pretty well. The one thing I don't see is the status when it is actually cooling or heating. If this something that is part of the plugin, if so, where would I find this?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi mjgelinas -- if you don't mind, could you start a new thread? I'm going to close this one so we can get a single issue per thread going...

George, I'll open a new thread for address heatpump thermostats as soon as I have some news

Many thanks -- john

Comment

Working...
                    X