Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon Thermostat heating and cooling status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Thermostat heating and cooling status?

John - so far the Insteon thermostat plugin appears to be working pretty well. The one thing I don't see is the status when it is actually calling for heating or cooling. Is this something that is part of the plugin, if so, where would I find this?

Thank you.

I'm not certain the thermostat sends a 'cooling' or 'heating' message (or responds to a query with such a status), but I'm looking into it. At this point, the only messages I'm certain of are requests (and responses) to mode, humidity (if equipped), temp, and (the current mode's) set point. Will keep you posted.

Comment

Thank you John, based on the behavior of the Insteon mobile application (and HouseLinc), it would require a query of some kind to the thermostat to retrieve this status.

Comment

I did find the messages:
        [ThermoName] calling for COOL
        [ThermoName] turning off COOL after X minutes.

Maybe we just need to map them to something in the Status/Graphics page...or possibly setup a new group entry that can show 'Cooling", "Heating", ??? -- just have to see...

Comment

What version of the MNS Insteon plugin are you using? I'm running 4.0.3.6 Beta. I'm trying the Insteon thermostat plugin 3.0.7.1 and it won't talk to the Insteon plugin at all.

Comment

Just as a follow up, I searched in the HS4 plugins for the beta version of the Insteon thermostat plugin. Not there.........

Comment

You need the 3.0.8.x beta version of the Insteon Thermostat plugin. Go to Plugins->Add and search for 'thermo". BE SURE to turn on the 'Show Beta Plugins" slider).

Comment

thanks for getting back to me John. I've tried that several times and only see the legacy insteion thermostat plugin. Here is what I see.....

HS4 Plugins
                Show Beta Plugins

AK HeatmiserNeo
                Software plugin for controlling the Heatmiser NEO line of thermostats.

Ecobee
                This plugin supports the Ecobee thermostats

Honeywell Lyric
                Allows HomeSeer systems to monitor, control and react to changes in Honeywell...

Honeywell Lyric
                BETA
                Allows HomeSeer systems to monitor, control and react to changes in Honeywell...
                Legacy Plugins

AK HeatmiserNeo

Aprilaire

BLStat

Ecobee

Hive

Honeywell Lyric

Honeywell WiFi Thermostat

Insteon Thermostat

IPThermostat

Omnistat 3

PHEvoHome

RadioThermostat

rnbPlace

Samsung Smart Devices

SDJ-VStat

Sinope

Tado

UltraSmartThermostat3

Comment

Hi mmclaurin -- I just realized you are using an HS-Pi (i.e. linux box) -- and this (probably) explains why you're not seeing the Insteon Thermostat 3.0.8.0 beta in your plugins list: it isn't available for Linux (yet). I just inherited the plugin a few weeks ago, and, with Mark Sandler's awesome help, was able to get it functional again. BUT, I haven't made a Linux build (yet) -- I will try figure that out in the next couple of days (I'm not a Linux person -- my days of GREP and BASH are long behind me). The windows beta is available but that won't help you if you have to use the HT-Pi...

Will have some news in a couple of days...john

Comment

Hey John - did you find a way to show active 'heating' and 'cooling' status?

Comment

Still tinkering with it; it is not something the original plugin did (I was surprised). I'm still patting myself on the back for getting a Linux version working -- LOL! Will keep you posted...

Comment

I would be happy to pat you on the back as well. Saved my rear end.

Comment

Yes, I most certainly agree. We appreciate you stepping up to take this on. It's nice to see the Linux folks are regaining access to their Insteon products as well. I'll be watching for a post on the 'heating/cooling' status. Thank you.

Comment

Hey John - circling back on this, did you find a way to show active 'heating' and 'cooling' status for the Insteon 2441TH Thermostats?

Comment

I haven't worked on it for a while -- I put some effort into it but it got hard and truthfully, there just isn't much motivation to add enhancements given there are only a few of us who are still using Insteon Thermostats. It's a shame Insteon won't restart production; clearly Nest and others proved there is a market and the Insteon TStat was as good as any on the market (in my opinion).

Net: honestly, I'm not likely to spend much time on it.

sorry -- John

Comment

Working...
                              X