Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon thermostat model numbers

John

I will await your work on other Insteon thermostat part numbers besides 2441th like my 2732 heat pump model. FYI, I think that the models, at least with that form factor were:

2441th
    2732-242
    2732-292
    2732-422

George

Thx -- I'm sorting thru the Device Categories/SubCategories now to try to determine why your 2732-422 (which should be Dev: 0x05, Sub: 0x13) is not being recognized. Will keep you posted.

Re: device list -- not aware of a -292 model. The list I have is:

2441TH (915 MHz) furnace/air US
    2441ZTH (915 MHz) wireLESS model
    2732-242 (915 MHz) – heat pump US

2732-422 (869 MHz), 442 (869 MHz) heat pump EU
    2732- 522 (921 MHz), 542 (921 MHz) heat pump AUS/NZ – heat pump

Comment

John

I am afraid that I sent us on a little bit of a wild goose chase. The base (mounted to the wall) of my Insteon thermostat is from the original install which was a 2732-242 heat pump model. When it failed many years ago I transplanted the new guts onto the existing base which means that the model number and Insteon address that I have been working with are wrong. I remembered all of this when I opened it again today and saw a different address on the functional head unit portion of the assembly. I just added this actual 2441th and its correct insteon address and the stat came right up in devices in my hub. Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most.

Thanks,

George

Comment

all's well that ends well...john

Comment

Thank you for your patience.

Do I need to check "force protocol=2" on this stat as well? Does dropping the "control auto refresh" to 5 sec cause any issues? The reporting is a little wonky and I thought maybe that would keep my iphone mobile status synched up better.

George

Comment

You don't need to set 'Force protocol=2" for a 2441 thermostat unless there is a problem communicating with the thermostat. I would not set the refresh much below 20 seconds -- things don't really happen on a thermostat that quickly and you don't want to flood your Insteon network with polling requests for mode, temp, humidity, and setpoint (4 different commands for every 'poll') that often. When testing, it's easy to make changes on the thermostat and get frustrated that they are not instantly reflected in HS -- sorry but it just does not happen that quickly. Note that the thermostat will only respond to setpoint commands (set or query) for the current mode; i.e. if the tstat is in Cool mode, it will not accept changes to the heat setpoint (even tho you can make that change in HS, it won't be reflected in the tstat until it's mode is change to Heat).

Comment

Thanks John. I’m struggling to understand the process. I don’t change modes, always in cooling. When I open myhs mobile the temp and set point usually do not reflect the status of the stat. I wait and no change. Do I need to force a polling event manually which I assume causes the the software to get status from the stat? Sometimes I still don’t see accurate status info until I start changing screens/pages.

George

Comment

"Always cooling"...I guess that's normal in Florida but it's the first time I've run into it.

I need to be clear what you're talking about: when you say "open myhs mobile", you're talking about opening the myhs web site on a phone browser -- right? just for my info, what phone OS and what browser are you using? OR are you talking about the HomeSeer app on a phone? Or something else?

Comment

John

I’m still trying to understand all of this myself. Im an Insteon orphan who is new to home seer. I am bringing up three systems at three different houses. Two locations have Linux based home troller Pi hubs and the house with the insteon thermostat uses a windows 10 based ht plus hub. So far, once I understood the lag in response, lighting is going pretty well but I’m still struggling to understand thermostat. As I understand it I have three ways to access my hometroller plus hub so that I can change thermostat set point and monitor set point, temp and humidity. First, use a browser on a desktop, iPhone or iPad to go to the home seer website, sign in to myhs, select my system (I have two, working on a third) and then view devices. I generally use chrome on desktops and safari on iOS devices. Second, open hs mobile on my iPhone with iOS 15.2.1 and select either dashboard or devices. Third is using hs buddy which I have not tried yet.

im just trying to figure out which method of access will provide the easiest way to change temp setting and get set point, temp and humidity status from either a desktop computer or my iPhone or iPad, iPhone being preferred most of the time. I understand the 5 second or so lag to get a state change report from say a lighting change request from a remote request on say my phone with hs remote but if I view the thermostat often the status report does not agree with the thermostat and just waiting does not seem to get synched up if you will. Eventually once I start sending set point change requests and start trying different pages or select “polling”, the reporting lines up with the stat but I can’t figure out how to do this efficiently. Lighting doesn’t need anything special. I sign in and within 5 seconds I have the correct reporting. While you guys are working on all of this I’m just trying to understand the most efficient remote access method for sending change instructions and getting updated status on my thermostat and do I have to initiate a polling request, etc. Presently confused but always hopeful and glad that a decade of insteon installs are not dead. Lol. Thanks.

George

Comment

Here is a specific example. I opened the hs mobile app on my phone, selected the ht plus hub based system with the insteon stat, go to devices and the stat reporting does not agree with the stat itself. Send a set point change request and after a few second lag, the change arrives at the stat and the set point in hs mobile agrees. The temp and humidity reporting do not agree. Open the stat device and temp and humidity reporting still don’t agree. Hit “polling” and reporting still does not agree. Back out of the stat device back to the devices page and temp and humidity reporting finally update and agree. That’s a lot of steps to get hs mobile synched with my thermostat.

George

Comment

Thought I would experiment going the other way. Went to the stat, changed set point. Hs mobile set point does not update. As temp changes on the stat, hs mobile does not update. Humidity reporting does not update. Open the stat device, no change. Close stat device and go back to device page in hs mobile, no change.open the stat device again, no change. Hit polling button, no change. Back out of stat device and go back to device summary page in hs mobile, now set point and humidity reporting updates on my phone but temp reporting does not.

edit: I seem to remember that temp reporting may have been off by one adjacent degree on occasion with the original insteon. Perhaps internal temp data vs display with truncating or rounding.

George

Comment

I know what you mean; just before Easter I was a fat, dumb, and happy Insteon user who had never heard of Homeseer...Now, like you, I have multiple HT systems to try to get up and running.

So let's take this one step at a time, starting with your preferred method, the HomeSeer App on iOS.

here is what the thermostat controls look like on mine:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2870.png
Views:	144
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1546239

Is this what you see??

Now a quick test: Since the mode is "Cool", changing the heat setpoint does not do anything at the thermostat. Changing the Cool set point changes the thermostat in about 3-5 seconds. Is this your experience?

Comment

Yes on all counts

Comment

My view:

Comment

But setpoint reporting is not accurate when I first get to that screen. After I change set point in the mobile app, the stat changes and then they agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X